Chapter 4

"Have you ever noticed you pick up little habits and phrases from the people you love?
It's no wonder our hearts are so easily broken when people leave.
We become reflection of the people we care about and those personality traits stick with us even if the people don't..."

The sound of our laughs were covering the whole room. His eyes were on me while I tried my best to look normal. It's crazy that how one look, just a look can make you go crazy and crimson red.

I smiled as he approached me with a smile that could make me feel a glee.

"Anabiya....", he said my name as if testing it on his tongue.

He took my hand and looked at it and then his gaze shifted to my face.

Everything seemed perfect... too perfect to be believed. But maybe, maybe I jinxed it. Because then we turned, oh so slowly and he left my hand, oh so suddenly.

And in a blink of an eye, he held another hand, and walked off, not even looking back.....

And there I was, standing with nothing but just one question in my mind.

'Why Zayd, why?'
.......

Anabiya woke up and groaned as the room was dark.... Oh Dark as her thoughts right now.

The room temperature was cool but her forehead and neck were covered with sweat.

She got up and sat on her bed, her head in her hands as she shook her head, an attempt to clear off the the dream, more like a nightmare she just saw.

She looked at her phone's screen which illuminated "3:18" in bold letters.

Anabiya walked towards her window and stared at the sky, drowning in her own thoughts.

"Ya Allah! It's been three years. I thought I was through this. I thought I was over him. And I'm sure, I am. Give me strength, my Lord, give me strength!", Anabiya prayed, in a voice so shaky that could break anyone's heart.

The 'oh so funny and happy' Anabiya had this side too. There is a past. There is a soul which broke her heart too. There are certain things that only Anabiya and her Allah knows.

........................

Arhaan leaned on the table as he went through the file in his hand.

This was a perfect way to test Anabiya, he thought. It was just his and Anabiya's second day and he wanted to make sure that Anabiya was right for the company.

He asked a peon to call her and soon he heard a knock on his door.

As the door was already open he just nodded and he heard footsteps and he looked up.

The girl in front of him looked a bit different today. She didn't have that look on her face that she had yesterday.

"Good morning, Sir.", Anabiya greeted with a smile but the smile didn't reach her eyes and Arhaan noticed it. Her eyes looked tired too.

Ignoring all the thoughts, he again let his professional self dominate.

"Morning. Well I called you to go through this file and know today's Stock Exchange rates and give your opinion about this investment.", Arhaan explained and Anabiya furrowed her brows as she looked through the file.