Chapter 43: Oh Love

"You don't know how deeply you're intertwined with someone until you try to walk away from them...."

Anabiya sighed as she closed her laptop after watching another episode of 'Game Of Thrones'. She started with the series a day ago and let's just say, she was already hooked.

"Oofff, you're so cute Jon Snow!", she said and smiled as she walked out of her room towards the kitchen to get some water.

As she walked past her parent's bedroom, she heard her boss' name and obviously, she stopped in her tracks.

"You really think she'll go?", Anabiya's father, Aseef questioned.

"I think so... I mean the Saeed's are not just her bosses but also Anabiya's friend. I mean the girl Nabeeha is her good friend. You really think she'll not attend her friend's wedding?", Anabiya heard her mother say.

"Yes, I know. But what happened yesterday... do you think that won't affect the friendship the girls share?", Aseef questioned.

"Sanaya and Anabiya had been bestfriends since they were born. And what happened between Saeed's and Sanaya's family was not good but there's nothing anyone could do about it. Like no one can force the boy, right? Also Anabiya and Ruhina get along really well with Nabeeha and Afia. So it's totally her decision to attend the wedding or not."

Anabiya sighed as she walked back to her room and checked her phone.

Five missed calls from Ruhina.
Eight texts from Nabeeha.

Anabiya face-palmed as she realized today was the Mehndi and Sangeet (Dholki) night at Saeed's and she was obviously invited.

Anabiya was in a dilemma.

She wanted to attend the wedding but Sanaya's thoughts were holding her back.

She knew Sanaya was already mad at her and this would make her more angry.

But can she break Nabeeha and Afia's heart?

Anabiya let out a frustrated sigh and checked Nabeeha's texts.

They were all about asking her whether she's attending the wedding and other functions or not.

"Ooff Nabeeha.... how can I say no?", Anabiya said to herself and then smiled.

Anabiya never had a lot of friends. She do knew a lot of people but she never categorised them as 'friends'. She had few people who were really close to her and Nabeeha and Afia were now included in that special category too.

Anabiya quickly texted Nabeeha.

"Yasss Bee! I am coming, OBVIOUSLY!"

Anabiya tossed her phone on the bed and ran towards her wardrobe.

As she was picking out her outfit, she suddenly stopped as the butterflies... or let's just say the zoo in her stomach went wild.

Arhaan....

"Just don't cross paths with me tonight, Arhaan....", Anabiya slowly said as she closed her eyes.

Little did she know, not only their paths but their souls and hearts are intertwined and no one can untangle them.... no one.

.........................................

"Maybe, we just found forever at the wrong time and someday, time will pull us back together.... again...."

Arhaan picked up his black analog watch and clapped it around his left wrist.

He chuckled as he saw his and his brother's friends getting more excited than the grooms.