Chapter 17

"I wished for the stars, didn't know I'll get the whole galaxy in the form of You!"

Arhaan rolled his eyes as Nabeeha read the quote.

"Why are you giving weird expressions?", Nabeeha questioned as she folded her arms on her chest and narrowed her eyes at her brother.

Arhaan looked at her as he took a bite from his omelette and then smirked as he again looked at his phone.

At this, Nabeeha threw a small piece of tissue paper at her brother and before Arhaan could react, Hafsa entered the room.

"Nabeeha?!  Ya Allah! Don't do this! You're not a kid. Pick that paper up! What if Ammi sees it?",Hafsa scolded her daughter and Arhaan again smirked which made Nabeeha more furious.

"All because of you.", she whispered.

"What I did?", Arhaan questioned as he sipped on his coffee.

"You were making faces."

"What do you expect? You are thinking about Ali while reading this stupid quotes. Like what? Seriously? You compared Ali with galaxy? Scientists should conduct research on him rather than wasting billions of dollars.", Arhaan said as he shook his head at his sister who was now staring at him as if he just ruined her favourite dress.

"You will never get this. Because you're not in love yet. Wait for it, my boy. Wait for it.", Nabeeha said as she chuckled at her brother's irritated expression.

Hafsa too laughed and Nabeeha went all red as she realised even her mother listened what she just said.

"This is so clichè and... eww!", Arhaan grimaced.

Before Nabeeha could speak, Humaid came down the stairs.

"Yeah yeah. All this will seem clichè and weird to you now. You never had any girl in your life except Sarah....", Humaid casually said and Arhaan glared at his brother at the mention of his ex but Hafsa widened her eyes at this new information.

"Who is this Sarah? Isn't she the one who got married last week?", Hafsa asked, horrified.

"You better pay for this, Humaid.", Arhaan whispered as he looked at his mother and smiled.

"Ma, it's nothing. She was my good friend and well yes, she's married now. I don't have any girl in my life as of what you're thinking. Nothing of that sort.", Arhaan explained and Hafsa sighed in relief.

"Yeah he can never have any girl in his life because all he does is fight with them in the office.", Humaid commented and Nabeeha choked on her juice as she laughed.

"What are you hinting?", Arhaan asked as he  leaned on the dining table.

"Nothing. Stating facts.", Humaid smirked.

Arhaan shrugged as he again concentrated on breakfast and Abdul entered.

"Assalamualaikum!", he greeted and smiled.

"Walekumassalam!", everyone replied.

"Where's Dadi Amma?", Humaid asked about his grandmother.

"She'll join us in five minutes.", Abdul answered as he took a seat.

"Arhaan.... but seriously. With whom did you fight yesterday? Dad just said there was some problem and Humaid said you had a fight with a girl. What happened, though?", Nabeeha asked as she was curious as to what happened yesterday.

Arhaan clicked his tongue.

"Not a fight. We just had an argument.", Arhaan simply said.

"You argued with her for the second time.", Humaid stated and Nabeeha's eyes widened in surprise.