Chapter 4 - Goodbyes

Mr. and Mrs. Christi were not seen again by the hospital staff until it was time to release her. They called the number on her chart four times before someone finally answered. Reluctantly Arizona signed Hadley's discharge papers placing her care back into the Christi's hands. She hated signing on that dotted line. It didn't feel right.

Hadley looked like a lively little kid again. She wasn't hunched over in bed anymore. She was running around as much as she could and tried to play with the doctors especially Alex. They had even made a secret handshake. She was still on antibiotics but as long as she took them at home she would make a full recovery. Arizona and Alex made it very clear to the Christi's that if they didn't give her these meds her infection could come back and cause permanent and irreversible damage.

It was a typical rainy Saturday morning in Seattle when Hadley was being discharged.

"Alex!" Hadley yelled running up to give him a hug and a drawing she made for him.

"I don't want to see you around here for a while missy." Alex said bringing the girl into his arms.

"But what if I want to come visit you?" Hadley asked looking up at the doctor.

"Visits are okay, but not more hospital stays, okay?"

"Got it." Hadley nodded.

"Now let me look at this."

Alex let go of Hadley and picked up the drawing from her hand. He scanned it over and couldn't help but smile at how cute it was. Until he realized...

"Wait...I'm a monster!" He yelled playfully.

Hadley started to laugh.

"How is that fair! And Arizona is a fairy princess!"

"She has to be the fairy princess. She keeps saying there is fairy dust in those bags. And she saving me from the monster!"

"I'm not a monster!" Alex scoffed as he started to tickle Hadley.

"Alex stop!" The girl laughed.

Alex stopped and hugged the girl again.

"Thank you for the picture. I love it." He said popping a kiss on the girl's forehead.

"Hadley it's time to go." Mr. Christi said standing outside the room.

"Bye Alex." Hadley whispered her smile immediately falling. The girl's hand fell limp out of Alex's hold.

Alex watched her follow behind Jake until she saw Arizona round a corner.

"Zona!" Hadley yelled running up to the doctor and hugging her goodbye.

Arizona greeted the girl with open arms.

"Bye honey get-"

"Hadley we're leaving." Jake interrupted.

Hadley practically jumped out of Arizona's grasp as she heard the tone of Jake's voice.

"She must take her prescription, Mr. Christi." Arizona stated loudly with small black darts piercing through eyes.

"Yes, Dr. Robbins." He responded equally as cold.

He grabbed Hadley by the wrist and took her out of the peds wing.

"I already miss that girl. And I hate him. Have I mentioned that before." Alex asked crossing his arms.

"I don't like him either..."