Chapter Fourty Six

Ouch...

Ouch...

I think.

Sean took a step back, clearly pleased with his work. "I'll see you in hell, Avaley," he said. 

I blinked. "Or maybe not. Or maybe. It all depends."

And then, I threw myself up, and turned around to look at Sean's face. It was a mixture of WHAT THE FREAKING CRAP and MAYBE I SPOKE TOO SOON. But nonetheless, I was alive, even though there was a freaking blade sticking out of my back.

"You... You can't be..." Sean said, stammering. The blackness in his eyes began to tremble with terror. "Unless..." he glared at me. "The first kill. You've used that blade on somebody, haven't you?"

Wait, wha? Wasn't he supposed to try and kill me or something? "First kill?" I said. "I haven't killed anyone with this, except for when..." I recalled the events with David. Okay, so maybe I kind of slashed him with this blade... "So after I poke someone with this, it's useless, right?" I asked Sean, trying to clarify everything.

"Up until that person you 'poked' is dead." Sean clarified in a husky angry voice. 

So... This meant that David was A) not dead and B) on the verge of dying and number 3) meant trouble if he did die because then Sean would actually be able to kill me.

In other words, I had to get to David. Or get rid of Sean. Or help my parents. Or find Tamara. Or the beautiful woman. Or Kevin. Why was there so much for me to do?

Sean was just staring at me, so I knew my time had come. "Well... I'm gonna, uh... Go now..." I said, turning around. And I know that you're wondering about the blade. What does it feel like? Does it hurt? Can I feel it? Well, the answer to that is... Sort of? I mean, it's like having a rubber band around your wrist. You know it's there but it doesn't hurt... Sorta. It's hard to explain, and that's the best I can do for now. 

"Not so fast, Avaley," Sean snarled. I turned around. "Just because this person you've slashed isn't dead, that doesn't mean I can't find other ways to kill you," he said. True dat 100%, Sean, but I really had to go.

"Sean, I'd love to fight you," I said. "But I just - "

"Avaley, are you okay?" one of my neighbors suddenly came bursting from her door. "I heard screaming and..." her eyes were wide with terror, apron on from whooping up a fresh batch of cookies as she looked around at the scene, then at me, then Sean...

I quickly turned around so she wouldn't see the blade coming out of my back. "My parents..." I squeaked out. "They're..." Terror ran through me as I imagined how my parents were. Sean literally threw them through the house. What if they were dead? I would never forgive this boy, no matter how good he looked.

"Please, get help," Sean suddenly spoke out, stepping closer to me, and I realized he was putting his jacket over my back. "I don't know if they're..." he looked down, overriden with emotion. Or so it seemed.

"What are you doing?" I hissed. He just shook his head slightly.

"I've already called the police," my neighbor said, running towards me. "Avaley, I - "

Sean suddenly held up a hand towards her, palm facing her, and then BOOM, she went flying backwards and crashed into her lawn, sprawled out, her apron smeared with grass stains.

"NO!" I bellowed and looked at Sean. "What are you doing?!?" 

"She was getting close," Sean snapped, glaring at me. "We can't let her see the blade."