Chapter 7

An enchanted origami bird fluttered about the classroom. Various students interacted with it, some trying to knock it down, others trying to make it fly higher. The bird gracefully flew despite the students' meddling until it combusted before falling to the twins, Padma and Parvati Patill's shared desk.

From the back of the classroom Professor Umbridge spoke, "Good morning children. As she walked to the front of the room she spoke out-loud as she wrote on the chalkboard with the use of her wand. "Ordinary Wizarding Level Examination, O.W.L.s, more commonly known as Owls. Study hard and you will be rewarded, fail to do so and the consequences may be, severe."

With a flick of her wand the piles of books behind her began to divide so each student had one. "You're previous instruction on this subject had been disturbingly, uneven. But, from now on you will be pleased to follow a carefully structured, Ministry approved course of defensive magic. Yes?" she responded to Hermonie's raised hand.

"There's nothing in here about defensive spells."

"Using spells?" the pink lady produced a high pitched forced laugh, "well I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom."

"We're not going to use magic?" Ron asked in disbelief.

"You will be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk free way." the pink obsessed lady explained.

"What use it that? If we're going to be attacked, it won't be rick free." Harry responded.

"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class!" Her voice previously sharp, turned soft once more. "It is the view of the Ministry, that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examinations, which, after all, school is all about."

"And how is theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" Harry questioned.

"There is nothing out there dear!" Umbridge's smile was like a crocodile hiding under the murky water, awaiting its prey. "Who do you image wants to attack children like yourself?"

"Oh, I dunno, maybe, Lord Voldemort." Harry suggested. Whispering broke out, with only a few students omitting such as Ron, Hermione, Lucy, and Neville.

The whispering soon subsided and Umbridge spoke once more. "Now, let me make this, quite plain, you have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. This is a lie."

"it's not a lie, I saw him, I fought him." Harry protested.

"Detention!'" the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher declared.

"So according to you Cedric Diggory dropped dead of his own accord!" Harry demanded.

"Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic, accident." She responded, almost seemingly desperate.

"It was murder! Voldemort killed him. You must know that!" Harry testified.

"Enough!" Umbridge's shrill voice exclaimed. "Enough, see me later, Mr. Potter, my office."

__________________________________________________________

With Umbridge in power and Dumbledore staying up in his tower, Hogwarts was taking a turn for the worse. Rules and more rules were displayed on Hogwart's walls, much to the glee of the pink devil and Filch. As Lucy made her way through the halls after sending Ellie off with one of her letters to her siblings she heard snickering.

Peeping around the corner, Lucy spotted two mischievous red heads hunched together. "What are you two up to?" the valiant queen wondered. Fred and George jumped before swiveling around to face her.

"Blimey, you almost gave us a heart attack little Snape!" Fred was the first to speak.

"Yeah, next time give us more of a warning ninja in training." George added.

"So what are you two doing?" Lucy repeated the question with a smile on her face.

"Making a plan to break into Umbridge's office." Fred informed her.

"We have some presents to deliver but Professor Pink is in her office." George held up a bag, likely full of hours on end of entertainment.

"Are you in need of a distraction?" Lucy offered.

"Yes." The twins replied in unison.

_____________________________________

Umbridge shrieked at the state of what had once been the dinner feast. Pastries where everywhere and on everyone. Broken glasses and dishes were scattered about, tables were overturned, and some people (such as Filch) hung from various walls upside down. Causing this damage was 57 small, flying blue creatures, Cornish Pixies.

Meanwhile, in her very pink office with a whole lot of temporarily petrified and soon to be obliviated evil cats, was George and Fred. The strict lady's secret chocolate stash was replaced with puking pastels, and crushed U-NO-POO constipation pills were added to the tea's sugar. More such pranks were constructed and placed in brilliant places within Umbridge's office.

When the twins received the warning signal from Lucy, their acting look out, they set a bright pink box full of exploding candies with a "Love Argus Filch," on the lady's desk for good measure before sneaking off before they could be seen.

Happy Christmas! :D