4. Birthday

Enjoy Sarah’s Brithday its going to be a big one ;) xxx ohh and don’t forget to vote ! 

I turn the alarm off as fast as I can, don’t want to wake Sarah. Waking up this early is brutal. I’ve never been a morning person, always been the – ‘oh ill stay up and finish all my work by 3am’ type person. I get my jeans, tank and boots on, go brush my teeth and pull my hair into a messy bun. Grab the sunnies, check my watch – 6am. I know Sarah’s favourite cake store is just down the road which is convenient now that I think about it. She did push for us to move here. I’m surprised I haven’t put the two together until now. I called them yesterday to let them know I’m going to pick it up early so they had it made last night, god bless their souls. Plus I know cheese cake is better after its sat over night.

“Hi Bonnie, again I can’t thank you enough for this. Just picking up the Cherry Cheesecake for Sar” I walk in checking my phone filled with Tom and Harry texts from last night. I must look so disinterested. Bonnie is one of my mums old friend’s, she initially went to school with my mum so I’ve grown up knowing her well.

“Good morning to you too” she jokes. “Sarah was in here yesterday for coffee she told me all about this job you might be getting. You need to go easy on yourself you look like you haven’t slept in days” She says pushing a fly away behind my ear and cupping my face.

“I have! Just not a lot. I find out either today or tomorrow I think whether I get it” I say sighing, as I think how I wouldn’t see Bonnie much if I were to go, or anyone really.

“You will get it, knowing you you’ve worked yourself into the ground. I’ve made you an earl grey tea with milk and honey extra strong to go anyway. Now keep your head up high girl” She says handing me the hot goodness that is my favourite wake up. I love her attention to detail, and how supportive she’s been especially when Mums away. I take a sip as she’s taking the cake out and putting it into a box for me. I check Harry’s messages to find they are all either cat or toddler memes or cute photos. I laugh at a couple and send him a few I had on my phone. To which I get a reply; 

*Morning love, big day for ya. I’ll be sure to put in a good word ;) * 

yeh well considering the job is to manage him id hope he does I laugh to myself. I see Bonnie shake her head in the corner of my eye.

 “ What!” I say confused. 

“I see someones got a crush” she teases.

“Yeah if you count the annoying boy I have to manage a crush” I say confidently.

“Look, im just pointing out a mothers intuition” She jokes handing me the cake box with a card for Sar from her. I go to take out my wallet and Bonnie gives me probably the most disappointed look ive seen. She never lets me pay for anything here but I always sneak some cash into the tip jar before I pay and hastily walk out.  I smile and she cups my face one more time.

“I’m going to miss you darling. Have a good day, and don’t let this one break you like the last one” she says before squeezing my shoulder. I nod and wave her goodbye almost running out before she notices the cash in the tip jar.

 I walk into the apartment, Sar is sitting at the kitchen table with a pot of tea already made and plates for the cake ready.

“took you long enough, I see you already finished your other tea. Now come here and give me my present” She jokes.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY !” I yell as I’m setting the cake on the table. I go to my room to get her, her present that I had hidden for probably five months prior. Studio beats head phones in Red. She always stole mine so, fortunately for me I can get mine back now. Sarah work as a journalist as a magazine and is writing her own book so she usually steals my beats to get into her own world to write. I walk out of my room with the box behind my back and she’s holding her arms out and when I reveal the box she just laughs.