24. Harry (part 1)

Authors Note: This chapter is the second of four codependent chapters. This is the first flashback chapter for Harry Styles and it involves a couple more characters that Harry knew growing up. Recently I hit 300 followers which is crazy guys! Thank you! I really didn’t think id get far with this and everyday I’m reminded of how amazing y’all are! Please vote and comment! X x x 45 votes on this chap would be nice x

PS – again unedited because I anted to get it out to you guys!!! – don’t hate me! Uni is killing my life at the moment so I’m under time constraints x x

Chapter 24

Flashback - Harry (part 1)

2009 - Holmes Chapel, Cheshire

“Hey mate, what’s happening?” I ask Nat as I walk into his shed. It was place we would hang out and not be disturbed. A place for men – or so we thought. I know right about now you’d be thinking it’s a dirty old shack in the garden, well – more or less. Well this “shed is more of a recording studio than anything’s else. Something I think Nate is beyond talented in. Most of the time we would just play guitar, Nate was the one who taught me. He is a bit older than me but it didn’t seem to phase him, he still took me around with him and his older mates all the time. I looked up to him.

“Not much mate just about done rolling a couple spliff’s, I smelt you coming from a mile away styles,” he laughs handing me a freshly rolled jay.

“Funny. I finally had the courage to ask Pippa out, I did exactly what you told me too,” I say in anticipation for Nate’s approval.

“Good one mate, you’re slowly becoming a man” he gets out of his chair to pat me on the back and light my spliff. I take in a long drag, placing my self in an opposite chair to Nate and breath it out. Seconds go by before the shed is filled with smoke. Nate’s parents are never around and they never have been. I’ve known him for a while now but when ever mum asks where I’m going I lie and say I’m going to another mates house. Its only because she sees Nate on the streets and always comments that I should never tie my self to people like that. Nate’s father is a big business man personality and his mum is at rehab at the moment somewhere in France. As much as he says he doesn’t care though, I know he does – I know I would at least.

“How’s your mum?” I ask, genuinely.

“Fine. Don’t ask again though mate,” he cautions.

“Well if you want to talk about it you can – to me”

“Want to grab the guitar, ill teach you a new song” He changes the subject. You see, I know Nate more than he understand. I know that the reason he even keeps me around is because I remind him of his younger brother Walter – he was in my grade at school, we didn’t really speak to each other but he was in all my classes. One day he didn’t show up for a few days in a row and I later found out that a drunk driver walking to school that morning hit him. I mean I knew of Nate before, he use to be a supervisor at the drama and music department at the school and well now – he doesn’t go. He’s talented though – and I’m the only one that knows.

“Okay, sure. Can I actually play you something I wrote though? Its kind of last minute” I say anxiously.

“Sure mate, lets hear it”

Nate and I played many songs till it hit midnight until he decided we should go for a walk. We walked down our street until we hit an alleyway just off the park I use to play at as a kid. I can see a man in a hoodie start to walk towards us as we hide away from the lamppost lights. Before I could understand what they where exchanging between one another I hear the police sirens go off.