Chapter Thirty Four: Of All People. •EDITED•

October, Year 483
Outskirts of Auro
North

Seventeen years into the 22nd century, on the first week of July, Mordecai Roya officially ended the world. In his quest for power he divided Old Earth, a catastrophic conclusion for an Armageddon to come. He is the founder of New Earth, and this day is know as Year 0.

As much as Corey wanted to deny his relationship with the man he had always thought of as foolish, he couldn't.

Despite having borne a different surname for the better half of his life, he had never really been a Draekon.

He was a Roya true to his blood. It didn't matter that he was the only one left.

Sometimes he felt that it was unfair that he, of all people, had ended up becoming the minister of North. There was just too much tragedy in his bloodline, from how his ancestor ruined the lives of so many people to the death of his family.

Corey's hands were just as bloody as a coldblooded killer's yet the Book of Revelation had opened for him, of all people.

But the book contained only that one paragraph, nothing else. He had poured over the words for hidden clues, a way to unlock the rest. But there was nothing.

After minutes of pointlessly searching, his gaze left the faded red ink that the words had been written in.

Corey stared at the pocket watch on the table but he wasn't really staring at it. His mind was elsewhere while he made some quick calculations.

After this year, Year 483, humanity will enter the 27th century, that he already knew. But what made that knowledge important?

The papers by his side—jottings filled with a number of scribbles and random sketches littering his desk—only made his head ache more.

He had written it all, every braeking possibility for a future connected to the paragraph but nothing made sense.

Like for all prophecies, the process of interpretation was annoying—especially now when he was given nothing tangible to work with. But he was trained by the Order. He had deciphered many prophecies as a child and he had come out top of his class in Ciphers and Logogriphs.

He wasn't about to be bested by a simple paragraph.

"The significance of seven?" Corey read the words he had written on a page then crossed off the question mark.

The significance of seven, and the paragraph is fifty words long, he completed the sentence.

The world was already at the brink, that much was clear.

Given how often history repeated itself there was bound to be another world war, that too was obvious.

Soon there would be division among the masses and the world would end again to give birth to a fresh generation of thinkers.

Signs of the fog were discovered around Earth's sphere in June. The horde had swept through North in September and right now the capital is under attack. What happened in July?