Arena, Day One (3)

A/N- I've now got a cast list on the side.

Hope you enjoy this chapter :)

-Wildifae

Valentyna Taras, District One-

After asking my question, Mia and her two allies, look positively shell-shocked. Mia seems to clam up and retreat deep inside herself. Her allies just sit, staring at us like rabbits caught in headlights.

I turn to the rest of the career tributes, keeping an eye on the other alliance as I do so. There is only three of them, and six of us. We outrank them two to one, but I don't want to take any chances.

I begin to tell the other tributes what to do. "Troy, Rosabelle, kill the girl to the right of Mia." She lets out a choked sob, and her eyes fill up with unshed tears. I ignore her, and continue. "Damon, you and I will take the boy. Neleesha, Damon-Lee, you get Mia. Don't kill her though, I have special plans for her."

As we step towards them, Mia shudders, and Pritt stares at us, a scared expression apparent on his face. When we are but a few metres away, he gets up and looking at us wildly, turns to run. Quick as a snake, Damon reaches strides forward, stretches out a hand and grasps Pritt's collar. "Oh no you don't," he hisses sharply.

Pritt casts his eyes to the ground. "What do you want with a nine year old boy?" he asks, his voice trembling slightly.

I pretend to consider this for a moment. "Well... I intended to kill you. But I might put that on hold for a few moments."

He smiles in relief. "Um, tha-"

I cut him off, smiling sweetly. "I believe I didn't finish what I was going to say. You have until your fellow ally over there dies... did I forget to mention that you'll be watching her?"

His expression turns to one of horror as Damon and I force him to turn around, and hold him in place. Damon secures him, and I let go, wanting to watch the fight.

To her credit, the girl is holding up fairly well against Troy and Rosabelle, even managing to get in a couple of blows. I raise my eyebrows. It can only be a matter of time before one of them goes down.

Pritt chooses that exact moment to yell, "Rose, Rose! Help me!" The girl swivels round to face us, just as Troy brings her sword down into her back.

She bends forward, a shocked expression on her face, as she starts gurgling, coughing up her lifeblood. Pritt sinks to his knees, sobbing uncontrollably at her death. I smile at him. "Your turn!" I say in a sing-song type of voice.

A scream pierces the air behind me, and I turn around. Mia is staring at the dead girl, tears streaming down her face. She glares at me in hate, trying to get up. "Keep her secured," I order Neleesha and Damon-Lee. They nod and secure her tighter.

I turn back to Pritt and Damon, a smile playing round my mouth. "Make sure he stays down."

Damon tightens his grip, but Pritt doesn't struggle. He closes his eyes and prepares himself for what is coming.

I scowl, and stride over to him. I trace one of my fingers around his eyes, then bring my knife to his face.

He lets out a bloodcurdling scream, and bloody tears trick down his cheeks as he looks at me. His eyes are glazed over in pain from the loss of his eyelids.

"That's better." I smile as Mia lets out a yell and struggles to reach Pritt. Her efforts are futile, as Damon-Lee and Neleesha restrain her.

I turn my gaze back to Pritt. "Now you will be able to see me as you die."