Chapter 4

|Innaya|

Eshan and I sat wordlessly in the cafe. True to his words, he was there at sharp 4 pm waiting for me, outside my college gate. In a maroon blazer with the white shirt underneath and dark black jeans, he looked so deliciously handsome.

I had felt some sort of anger spiking through my veins on noticing many college girls going gaga over him, admiring him. On top of that, while leaning on his car, he had opened first two buttons of his shirt while talking with someone on mobile with that beautiful smile.

Stupid man! Who told him to look so handsome and stand there like a model, and if heat is bothering so much, who told him to stand under the sun? He could have taken shelter or better sat in the car. No one would have looked at him then, specifically as if would eat him alive. On top of everything, what was the need of flashing that enchanting smile alluring others in his charms?

That was the reason, I had refrained from engaging myself in any conversation with him, since the time I sat in his car, giving him the cold treatment, he deserved.

"Should I order for us?" He questioned, once again trying to initiate a conversation to which I just nodded.

No matter how angry I was, I could not make him feel humiliated in front of the waiter.

My mobile rang displaying Mom's call. What a perfect opportunity to avoid him!

"Hello Mom," I answered ignoring the order he started placing.

"Innaya, you and Eshan go and choose your wedding dress and jewelery. Granny and I have sorted things. You have to select amongst them from our regular shops. I have told them to keep everything ready when you both visit."

"Mom! Why not you picked out them? You know I love your choice."

"I know Innaya... However, it is your wedding. You both should get a chance of finalizing things. Okay, so now I am disconnecting call you do as I said. Bye."

"Bye." Irritated I disconnected the call. Why should everything be according to his choice? Innaya mom said you BOTH decide. From where only HE came?

My self-debate came to a halt as the waiter laid dishes on the table. I stared wide eyed at the dishes, he ordered. Cheeseburger, malpua, gulabjamun trifle, basundi, Pani Puri, basket chat, moong dal halva, Kala Jamun, kheer, Rajasthani sattu, dahi Puri, cheese spinach corn sandwiches. How on the earth could he order these dishes in this restaurant?

I talked hardly for five minutes, how could they prepare and bring everything in this shortest span, that they do not even have in their menu. I have visited that restaurant with my friends and I know what they offer, then how?

"Are you spying on me?" I asked perplexed, unable to control my shock from my voice.

He just stared at me with those hypnotizing eyes. His face remained passive, not displaying a single emotion for my outburst.

"Are you spying on me, because that's what I can make out from your behavior. All of sudden you appear with the marriage proposal. You have my number, you know everything about my college, and now you know my favorite dishes too. Everyone is already impressed by you, and now you want to use your tricks on me?" I vented all my frustration on him not realizing my pitch rose to the level of grabbing attention from other people in the restaurant.

Eshan roamed his eyes around us, a silent warning to everyone to mind their own business. I followed his gaze, as even after literally shouting at him, he remained quiet.