Chapter 5

|Innaya|

How do you define the feelings you get, while sitting on the bed on your marriage night when all you have done is to run away from the mere mention of the word marriage, always? Realising now there is someone, you are going to share everything with. How one, is expected to behave while being put in the spot, which always has been carefully avoided?

I have been running away,

Cocooning in my mother's arms,

Avoiding the hindering realities,

Being the little girl, hers I was,

The Present is changed, so will future,

Now after, being tied to someone,

I am confused how I will cope up!

I wondered as I sat on the bed decorated beautifully with rose petals, dressed in beautiful red and golden lehenga, my wedding dress in Eshan's room waiting for him. We got married earlier today in the very simple manner in the temple, with very few of our close people present for the ceremony. Eshan had proposed this idea of small-scale function, much to my delight saying it would be more convenient, given the limited time we had and grand reception could be arranged later.

After the wedding, Eshan drove us to the mansion they had here in Bangalore that much surprisingly, was at half an hour distance from my maternal home. His whole family residing in Delhi, he living in Mumbai for handling his business and they having the mansion in Bangalore was very confusing.

Footsteps approaching towards our bedroom as he had reprimanded me twice earlier had my full attention, retrieving me from my wandering thoughts. My fingers curled at my side crushing those rose petals scattered innocently everywhere in little apprehension. The uncertainty of what lay ahead had me erupt in cold sweat.

"Innaya," I heard his cautious voice, coming from the other side of the bed.

I looked up, thinking about what had caused him to be uncertain. My eyes met with his eyes that held, concern in them. I waited for him to continue while maintaining our eye contact.

"Are you alright?"

I nodded, little apprehensively. What happened to him?

"Are you sure? You look pale?" He questioned again while sitting on the far end of the bed.

All the thinking and nervousness must have taken a toll. The stress always has made me sick and now I sensed a headache starting to make an appearance.

"Yes. It's nothing, I am just tired," I answered avoiding the real reason.

"Hmm... okay, why don't you change and then sleep. It has been a long day." He suggested still unsure about my answer.

Nodding, I left to bathroom taking my night suit from my bags that were still packed and kept near dressing table.

*

Spending around one hour in the bathroom, for taking off the heavy dress and jewelery and then afterward for bathing, I came out wearing my white knee-length cotton kurti and grey slacks as I realized I could not delay more. I just hoped Eshan would have slept.

My hopes crashed as I saw Eshan dressed in white T-shirt and grey pants sitting on the grey wooden recliner kept on the left side of the bed, engrossed in working on his laptop. He looked up in my direction as the bathroom door closed behind me, giving me smile that I returned. Thank God, I applied moisturizer inside bathroom itself, how would I have done it in front of him.