Chapter Twenty Six

MIGS

It was as if my hand had a mind of its own when it reached up to touch Saskia's face. She was still asleep as the sun was just about to rise. My body clock wakes me up before the sun rises every morning to get ready for work. I should be up and about by now but I liked the heat her body emits against mine. It was welcoming as it enveloped me.

I wanted to get lost in her. To just feel and not think. Her tranquil heartbeat against my chest lulled me in the most peaceful state of serenity. It just felt so right and wrong at the same time to be with her. I tightly shut my eyes as guilt flooded me again. There were so many other things wrong in ways I didn't know I could make right. I had just gotten out of a relationship because I cheated on my fiancee and I didn't want to use Saskia as a rebound.

I took in a deep breath and left a soft kiss on her forehead before gently getting up, careful not to wake her up.

"Migs?" Saskia said in a raspy tone, her eyelids heavy with sleep.

"It's only four in the morning. Sleep." I told her, stroking her hair.

"Saan ka pupunta?" She slowly sat up, still dazed.

"I need to get ready for work." I answered.

"Ang dilim pa sa labas..." She rubbed her eyes and turned her head to the window.

"I have to be there before anyone else. I have to set a good example to my employees." I grinned playfully.

"Ikaw ang pinakamaagang nasa opisina pero ikaw din ang pinakahuling umuuwi. Baka naman inaabuso mo na yang katawan mo. Uso din magpahinga. Maiintindihan ka naman siguro nila." She yawned and stretched out her arms. "Ano'ng gusto mong almusal?"

"It's okay. I'll just drop by a coffee shop on my way to work. Matulog ka na ulit. Late ka na ngang natulog kagabi." I reached up and tucked small strands of her hair behind her ear.

"Ano ka ba? Di ba nga sabi nila is breakfast is the most wonderful time of the year. Saka ayaw ni baby na magutom si Daddy niya, malulungkot si baby." She stroked her belly.

I couldn't help but smile. "Let's have breakfast. Ayaw ko naman malungkot ang baby natin."

We both got out of bed and took our turns fixing ourselves in the bathroom before we headed downstairs. We went to the kitchen and I sat there while watching Saskia cook for me. She was in front of the stove, humming happily as she cooked our breakfast. I remembered Mama in her. How she'd always make our food for me, yung pag-aasikaso niya sa akin, yung pag-aalaga at pag-aalala niya. It had been a long time since I let someone take care of me like this and was it bad that it felt good?

"Kumakain ka naman ng champorado, ano?" She asked while pouring it in a bowl.

"Of course." I answered.

"Ang mga kapatid ko, gustong-gusto ang champorado ko. Pramis makakalimutan mo ang pangalan mo kapag natikman mo 'to." She bragged, smiling from ear to ear.

"Well, I'd love to have a taste of your champorado." I said.

Inilapag niya sa harap ko ang isang bowl nito. "Teka, masarap yan may gatas at maraming keso sa ibabaw."

She went to get cheese and milk from the fridge and went back to me. She cut the cheese in small pieces and put a lot of it on top of the champorado and she then poured milk on it.

"Tsibugin mo na. Masarap yan." She sat on the chair next to me, staring and waiting for me to eat it.

I lifted the spoon up and brought it to my mouth.