Alpha's Babies - 20

Colten.

"Colten are you even listening to me?" Nick asked for the fourth time.
"Yeah, yeah," I replied distractedly.
He gave a loud sigh of despair.I took a step back and placed my hands on my hips, admiring the room.
"What do you think?" I asked him.
"It's great. Now about this -"

"You think the twins will like it?" I asked.
"Yes, they'll love it. Now -"
"You sure?"
"Yes. Now -"
"I don't know, maybe Caden's bed should go there?" I said pointing to the other side of room.

Nick strode over and grabbed my shoulders.
"Alpha!" he said sternly "Could you step out of Daddy Mode for just one second, please?"
I rolled my eyes, he'd caught me in an exceptionally good mood.
I had just finished decorating one of the spare bedrooms and turned it into a bedroom for the twins.I'd sent Raiven and the twins round on a wild treasure hunt all around the pack house while I finished up in here and I couldn't wait to see the looks on their faces.

"Fine, what's up?"
"Right," he said taking a deep breath. He was about to say something but the door burst open and the twins rushed in.
"We finished!" Caden yelled, his arms full to the brim with random objects he'd found on the hunt. He dropped them all at my feet and grinned up at me.

Corbin came in with his armful too and dropped them at my feet and then hugged my legs.

"Aw, you boys did a great job," I said.
Caden was already looking around the room.
"Whose this for?" he asked.
"For you two, of course,"
The twins looked at each other with a stunned look.
"Yes!" Caden yelled and hugged me tight. Corbin smiled widely and hugged me too.

Caden ran straight to one of the beds and immediately climbed up and started bouncing hard on it.
"Caden! Beds are not meant for jumping!" Raiven shouted at him.
"Leave him, he only wants to have fun," I said hugging her tight.
She sighed and then kissed my cheek.
"Thankyou for doing this for them,"
I shrugged "They deserve it, after all they've been put through,"

She smiled and we watched as Caden pulled Corbin up to join him in the jumping party on the bed.
"How you feeling about tomorrow?" she asked suddenly.
I bit my lip thoughtfully. Tomorrow was the wedding and I could already feel the nerves coming up. I was terrifeid of messing up in front of everyone or forgetting to do something crucially important. Everything was set and planned down to the last detail but I felt like I would do something uterrly embarassing on my own wedding day.

"Good," I lied. "Absoloutely great."

Nick cleared his throat behind me.
"Alpha, I still need to talk to you,"
"Daddy come and play!" Caden called. They'd gotten tired of jumping on the bed and had now spilled out every single toy they own onto the floor.

I looked apologetically at Nick.
"Sorry, can it wait?" I asked as I made
my way over to the twins.
Corbin was sat patiently beside his brother. I hadn't heard his sweet little voice in months now. We've tried everything, from tricking him to bribes but nothing worked.

I sat cross legged with them on the floor surrounded my mounds and mounds of toys that could fill a whole shop. Raiven crouched beside me,
"Don't you think you're spoiling them a bit to much?" she asked.

"Hey," I said "I've already missed out on the first few years of their lives, this is just to make up for all the toys I never got to buy,"

"Aw, that's - Caden!" she yelled suddenly because Caden had thrown a hard plastic ball to his brother's head. It left a harsh red mark on Corbin's forehead and his eyes filled with tears.
Raiven cuddled Corbin and kissed his head.

"Caden, are you going to apologise?" I said.
"Nope,"
"Apologise,"
"No,"
"Hey, I'm not asking you now, I'm telling you, now do it,"

I held his gaze for a moment before he knew he was defeated and went to rub his brother's head.
"Sorry," he mumbled.
We looked at Corbin, expecting him to say something but his mouth was still clamped shut firmly.