Alpha's Babies -21

"Ooh," I groaned.
"Shh, shh, save your strength," Colten said smoothing down my hair with his spare hand.
"Save my strength for what?"
"Just listen to me, okay?"
"When are the twins getting here?" I asked for like the millionth time.
"Soon, don't worry,"

I sighed and rested my head down on the huge pillow behind my head.
"Well they better hurry before I drift off to sleep," I muttered.
We only had to wait a few minutes before the door banged open violently against the wall, cracking it slightly.

"We're here!" Caden announced extremely loudly. Corbin followed and threw his backpack to the other side of the room and knocking over a few trays with a loud clatter.

"Boys!" Colten whisper yelled at them.
Caden giggled. "Sorry, dad," he said sauntering over to us.
Ever since they'd turned five and started school, they seemed to have slipped out of the 'Mommy' and 'daddy' phase.
Well, Caden did. Corbin still hadn't uttered a single word and just got through the last two years pointing and attempting to write. I really longed to hear his sweet little voice again, it'd been too long.

The little blanket in Colten's arms squirmed slightly. Then all of a sudden there was little coughing sounds and then the wailing of our baby.
The twins stopped short and both their eyes travelled to Colten's arms.

Caden narrowed his eyes suspiciously.
"What's that?" he demanded.
Colten shrugged as he rocked the baby gently. "Come and find out for yourself,"
Corbin was the first to run over and he peeled back the blanket, having to stand on his tip toes.

He didn't say anything but he mouthed the word 'wow'.
Caden ran over too and gasped when he saw a little face peering back at him.
"A baby!" he yelled.
The poor baby's lips trembled and then she let out another ear splitting scream.

"Caden, stop yelling please, sweetheart," I said holding my head.
I'd only given birth this morning and I was still feeling the effects of birth.
We could have had a baby earlier but Colten had to go away again for a year, much to his distaste.

Ever since she'd been born, Colten hadn't dared pull his eyes away from her. He held her right infront of him so that her tiny head was cupped in his hands and her small legs were against his chest. He just couldn't stop looking at her.

"What's her name?" Caden cried loudly.
"Caden!" Colten and I both hissed.
"Sorry," he mumbled then lowered his voice. "What's her name?" he repeated.
"She's called Haven," Colten said lowering our daughter so that the boys could see her. I was glad we hadn't chosen another C name because that would have just been too much.

Caden wrinkled his nose "Can she be called Caden Junior?"
Colten laughed and hugged him but Caden looked deadly serious.

Haven had her closed fists against her soft red cheeks. Her eyelashes were wet with tears and she was born with soft honey coloured hair that curled just like her dad and brothers.

Corbin stroked her cheek softly and then pressed his lips against her cheek.
"You like your new sister, Coco?" I asked. He nodded fiercely.
"What about you Cay?"
Caden shrugged "She's alright,"

Corbin held his arms out to Colten silently asking to hold her. Colten made him sit down next to me on the hospital bed before he carefully laid Haven down in her brother's arms.
Corbin struggled slightly to get his arms all the way around her but he managed eventually.

I put my arm around Corbin and hugged him close.
"You happy to be a big brother?"
He nodded happily.
"You know, I bet she'd like to hear your voice," I said as tactfully as I could.
Corbin tightened his lips defiantly.
I sighed and then snuggled down into the bed. I didn't want to give up but at the same time, it'd been two years that he wouldn't speak. I knew it was a case of wouldn't and not couldn't because I'd heard him laugh and giggle and on more than one occasion he'd almost said something before he just shut up.