Chapter Seven

John sat down at his computer. On the desk, he had placed his journal, a pen and a mug of tea. He opened his blog and clicked the 'new post' button in the corner. He had fallen behind with updating the blog. Mostly because Sherlock had become uninspired, bored, fed up of potential clients and their mundane, waste-of-time problems. But there were a few to recall, so he cracked his knuckles and began to write. He thought back to the case of the missing girl whose parents came to 221B Baker Street.

III

"She's seventeen. But she's a young seventeen y'know," the dad began in his thick cockney accent.

"What he means is she's got severe OCD. So she's been very sheltered because she's too scared to go outside a lot of the time," the mum finished, holding back tears.

Sherlock paced back and forth with his palms together in front of him while John sat in his armchair making notes.

"Have you contacted the police?" Sherlock asked.

"Yes."

"Well then let them handle it." He waved his hand at them and sat in his chair opposite John.

"But Mr Holmes, you don't understand... She'd volunteered for an experiment."

Sherlock's ears pricked. He looked at the couple with more interest now.

"What kind of experiment?" he asked.

"This one. Claiming to completely cure her OCD. It was only supposed to be for two weeks. She's been gone a month and a half." The mother handed him a leaflet.

A flame ignited behind Sherlock's eyes. He took the leaflet and examined it closely.

...

They walked through the halls of the research facility dressed in white lab coats, avoiding workers and breaking through key-coded doors. Nothing. No trace of the girl or the experiment she had agreed to take part in.

"Do you think there's another building? Or like a basement or something?" John whispered.

"Maybe. Let's just keep looking," Sherlock whispered back.

They walked along another corridor in silence. Sherlock peered around a corner, revealing a love bite on the side of his neck. John choked on a laugh as he tried to supress it.

"Can you die quietly please?" Sherlock whispered.

"Just admiring your hickey."

Sherlock's eyes widened; he placed a hand on his neck and gave John a scowl.

"It's Margaux, she got a bit carried away the last time I... saw her." Sherlock returned to peering around the corner.

"I know. We live together. I heard it all."

"Well it won't be happening again so you can just shut up about it."

"That's what you said the last time, and the time before that." John was enjoying himself.

"Well I mean it this time. Now can you make yourself useful?" Sherlock disappeared around the corner, walking slow and confidently in his lab coat as if he was meant to be there. John followed a few moments later.

They found the girl on an abandoned floor of the facility, along with three other test subjects. They were sleeping in hospital beds, connected by tubes and wires to machines.

"You don't have to pretend you don't like her," John whispered as they carefully unclipped the people from the machines.

"Of course I like her. I don't dislike her, do I," Sherlock snapped.

Glass - A Sherlock Fan Fictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें