Chapter 27

They always say the after sex talk is really awkward. But I have a theory that when both people involved in the sex are both so awkward they don't realise when a situation gets awkward that effect is canceled. And that would be the case with Terrence and I.

"We need to talk about what you can and can't say to keep the afterglow alive." I tell Terrence while I get up and head over to my closet. My ass hurts like hell, but I decide to take it like a man and ignore it. Gays can be manly, you hear me? "That implies that I said something wrong on our first time already." Terrence replies. I pull two pairs of sweats out and turn around so I can throw one pair at him, successfully stopping him from staring at my dick which he was not being subtle about, at all.

"Well we were both virgins like fifteen minutes ago so of course we did stuff wrong. Like, we should have used lube man, that fucking hurt!" I explain while pulling on my sweatpants. Fuck underwear. Terrence pulls his sweats on as well, then stands up at frowns at me. "I'm sowwy..."

I can't help but grin and walk towards him, pulling him into a hug. "Awwwww, it's okay." I coo. "You shouldn't refference any trauma's I don't know of yet right after sex though."

Terrence laughs and shuffles us sideways so we fall on my bed again. "It's not that bad..." he trails off. "It was just me experimenting with some seniors to find out my sexuality but they got me drunk and videotaped it."

"That's such a sucky thing to do!" I exclaim. "I know. Now it's your turn. No wait. I also made out with my best friend once which is what triggered my confusion. He ended up dating my brother but broke up with him again cause he got into that fight to protect me instead of staying safe. Life has been really awkward since then. I think they still haven't figured the situation out yet. Okay now it's your turn." Terrence replies. Fair is fair I guess. I take a deep breathe.

"My parents kicked me out because I'm gay. I've never really been able to be proud of myself since then. Ethan helped though. I kissed him a couple times too. But we were just friends, he just kissed me when I had a low self esteem tantrum. But when he... Died. I kind of got worse again, I guess."

It's really weird to say this kind of stuff aloud. It makes it so real instead of just being some weird thoughts in some dusty corner of my mind. The feeling Terrence softly pressing his lips against mine pulls me out of my thoughts. I kiss him back and bury my hands in his hair, softly pulling on the brown locks. Then there's a knock on the door.

"Oi, you guys got some pants on?" Lucas calls. Terrence reluctantly pulls away from me to respond to that. "Why the fuck would you think we don't!?" he yells with the most adorable pout. "Thin walls man. Thin. Walls."

I can't help it. I need to laugh. So that's what I do, at an inappropriately high volume. Lucas doesn't seem to find this exchange as funny as I do though. "Shut the fuck up Reiss and open the door!" he yells, but I detect a hint of laughter in his voice. Lucas ships Terreiss confirmed. I'm actually surprised he didn't try to persuade me into choosing Oli. They're good friends and stuff.

I sigh but get up and do as Lucas asked. "I never want to listen to that again." he says right away when I open the door. The smug half smile kind of takes away from his stern mother act though. "Yes mom." I drawl with a grin. Lucas rolls his eyes and hands me a note. "These are some small things you should try to do every day. It should help keep you away from the hands of psychiatrists. Also, the school called. They're 'thoroughly concerned about your wellbeing' which basically means you have next week off."

Terrence gasps loudly. "Can I have the week off too!?" he demands excitedly. But Lucas shoots him down immediately. "No." My boyfriend slumps down again and whines like a kid. Lucas his next words make him perk up again and wiggle his eyebrows at me though. "But you can always call in sick or skip."

Boyfriend. I really like that word now. I should look for a pet name for Terrence though. Lucas walks away again and I here the front door open and close again. Now there is only silence. My eyes trail over to Terrence who looks at me with an excited grin. I raise my hand to my mouth and start chewing on my thumb nail. There's seriously nothing to do here. We're not rich. We don't even have Netflix, just some old dvds. All I ever do is play guitar and fitness.

"Wanna go to your place? Or the gym?" I ask Terrence. Then after a brief pause I add "Or just go to sleep early?"

There's an immediate response from Cynthia. "Want me to go fetch some more condoms for that going to sleep early thing?" she asks from the living room. I just know Terrence is going to yell an excited 'yes' so I tackle him down and hold his mouth closed with my hands. "No thanks Cynthia, we're good!" I yell back. A muffled scream can be heard from underneath my hand as Terrence tries to wriggle away from me. "Alright, if you say so! And Terrence, you're staying for dinner tomorrow so I can interrogate you!"

I let out a short, loud laugh as I release Terrence so he can reply to my aunt. His eyes widen in fear. "Yes ma'am!" he yells back. Then he whispers lowly, so she can't hear him "She is not subtle." I chuckle softly and turn off the lights before getting under the covers with him. "Goodnight Terrence." I whisper back. He wraps his arms around me and gives me a peck on the lips. "Goodnight Reiss." Does he have night vision!?

Sleep doesn't come easily for me. It takes barely five minutes before Terrence lets out some soft snores. It's nice though, to just have his arms around me. It feels warm and safe. I can honestly get used to this, and I hope I will. Well at least for one or two years. People change all the time and high school relationships barely make it past their place of origin, high school. But for now I will just enjoy this thoroughly. I will try to accept Terrence his love because he deserves to be accepted. And I will hope that he keeps his semi-promise and try to fix me.