Talking in your Sleep (Mike Wheeler)

A/n: Based off Talking in your Sleep by The Romantics.

Y/n was kidnapped by the demogorgon along with Will her best friend a few months ago. Ever since, she kept having nightmares from her traumatic experience. She sat in her room looking at the wall with a blank expression as she began to remember.

"Will?!" Y/n exclaimed as she ran through the upside down. She kept yelling his name but, there was no reply. She heard a high screeching sound and turned around.  There stood the demogorgon. She ran and ran hearing it getting closer and closer.

She saw a small undergrowth and knelt down in it. She pulled her legs to her chest and closed her eyes as she cried.

Y/n was then startled from a loud knock. She shot up and ran downstairs. Her parents were out and she was home alone. She looked out the peephole and saw Mike Wheeler, one of her best friends. She opened the door, "Hey." He said with a smile but then he noticed her red puffy eyes. "Hey....you ok?" He asked coming into the house closing the door. She shook her head and he looked at her sadly.

"Everything is ok. I'm here." He said looking into her eyes and she began to feel the tears roll down her cheeks. He pulled her into a hug and she laid her head on his shoulder. He rubbed her back and she continued to cry.

"Thanks for doing this." Y/n said as she laid down in bed. Mike was laying on the floor, he had offered to stay the night to keep her company. "That's what friends are for." Mike said and Y/n slightly cringed from the use of friend.

Y/n laid flat on her back with the covers up to her shoulders. She slowly closed her eyes and tried to go to sleep.

Mike heard a soft voice and slowly opened his eyes. He wiped his eyes and then sat up. He heard it again and he looked over to Y/n who seemed to be moving in her sleep. She was mumbling something that he had to strain his ears to hear. "Mike!" she mumbled sadly and he felt blood rush to his cheeks.

"Please don't do this. I love him!" Y/n softly exclaimed tossing over to her other side which was facing Mike. He saw that she was sound asleep and realized she was talking in her sleep. He didn't know what to do as she still began to mumble.

He then began to shake her softly to try and wake her up. She opened her eyes and her breath was ragged. She looked at him and saw that he had a hoodie on his head which made him look extra adorable.

 She looked at him and saw that he had a hoodie on his head which made him look extra adorable

"Hey. You were talking in your sleep." Mike said shyly and her eyes widened slightly She hoped that she hadn't said anything embarrassing. "I'm sorry." She sighed and put her hands on her face from embarrassment.

She then felt Mike sit down beside her on the bed. He moved her hands from her face and smiled at her. "Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked and she looked at him. "The demogorgon took you....and I was trying to get you back." She replied which made Mike blush.

Tears welled up in her eyes again and he pulled her closer to him. She laid her head on his chest and Mike felt his heart speed up. "I'm fine, nothings gonna happen to me." He reassured her and she sniffled.

He began to run his hands through her hair as she closed her eyes. He looked down at her as she began to slowly drift off. "I love you too." He mumbled but she didn't hear him.