Promise (Richie Tozier)

Request- lizziewolfhard
Richie and the reader were childhood friends and she has to move. 2 years later, she comes back and Richie is different.

"I'm gonna miss you so much Richie." Y/n murmured as she hugged him. She held onto him a little longer and then pulled away. She looked into his eyes that were starting to fill with tears.

"I'll miss you so fucking much." He said sniffling and she smiled sadly at him. The moving truck honked again and she groaned. "I have to go." She breathed and he nodded.

"Promise you'll come back." He said holding out his pinky to her. She wrapped hers tightly around his and smiled widely at him. "I promise." She said and then moved her pinky away from his.

She walked over to the moving truck and got into the passenger seat. As they started to drive away, She waved out the window at Richie who then became a blur as they drove farther and farther away. Until he was gone.

Y/n had been living in New York for a good 2 years now and she had grown to love it. She loved being in the city and it was definitely an upgrade from Derry, Maine. She did really miss it though.

She missed how it was such a small town and how she had made so many friends that she still missed dearly.

The only one she had been in contact with was Richie through letters. But after a while he just stopped sending some. She had felt like she had left a piece of herself with him. A piece of her that she never thought she would get back.

So when her mom told her that they were moving back she was so surprised. She never thought she would ever go back. Not at least until she was out of high school and wanted to go back to reminisce. But here she was at 15, on her way back to the place she had once called home.

Y/n looked out the window as the familiar landscape passed by. She couldn't believe she was back. Something about it gave her a knot in the pit of her stomach as she looked at all the houses.

They finally reached her new house and she thought it was so beautiful. They began to move everything inside and it was so tiring. When they were finally done, Y/n laid on her bed  and her thoughts then began to wander.

Tomorrow she would be starting school and it would be so different. Seeing as when she left she was in middle school and now 2 years later she would now be attending high school.

She had never attended Derry's high school and it just made her really nervous. Just the idea of not knowing where anything was just made her more anxious that she already was.

It was then the next day and Y/n was getting ready for school. She put on her normal type of outfit and walked downstairs to then grab a muffin. She bit into it and kissed her mom on the cheek who was sitting at the kitchen island.

"See ya mom." She said and before she closed the door she heard her mom reply, "Have a good day!"

Y/n then got her bike and placed her muffin in the basket with a napkin to protect it from getting dirty.

She cycled her way towards the school and felt her heart beat faster as she got closer and closer. She passed by other kids who just looked at her curiously as she placed her bike into the bike rack.

She grabbed her muffin and began to eat it as she walked inside. When she was finished she threw the napkin away in a nearby trash can.

She grabbed her schedule out of her bag and began to wander around trying to find her class. She heard the school bell ring and cursed under her breath.