( ix ) BROKEN

( warning: please be aware that this chapter will contain sexual assault which some readers may find upsetting, and i don't want my chummies to be upset

( warning: please be aware that this chapter will contain sexual assault which some readers may find upsetting, and i don't want my chummies to be upset. love always 💓 )

A WHOLE WEEK HAD PASSED, and Victoria had continued to avoid Newt like the plague, which meant also avoiding her friends. If she wasn't by herself or with Gally, she was with Carl and his pals. He had continued to threaten her, even hurt her if she even glanced over in Newt's direction, or got caught thinking about him.

Suddenly life went from being bearable, to being absolute hell. Victoria had never felt so low in her life. She felt a darkness which consumed her body, contaminating it more and more each and every day. Slowly, she was giving up.

She missed feeling content whilst cooking with Frypan, the shy exchanges between her and Newt, Minho's sassy comments and her banter with Adrian. Never mind the little things, like Chuck scaring her or pulling pranks on the other Gladers. It was all stolen from her. Carl had stolen it.

"Victoria," He snapped, storming over to her and wrapping his fingers around her wrist. She inhaled sharply, partly used to the abuse he inflicted on her, however this time he seemed a lot angrier and impatient. It scared her. "Come on," He practically dragged her out into the Deadheads, where it was quiet and empty.

Getting lost between the trees, anxiety boiled away in the girl's stomach as she awaited whatever he had planned. "W-What are we doing?" She stammered out weakly, before they abruptly stopped.

"I've been patient enough, don't you think, Victoria?" His lips formed a sickly smile, a dangerous, psychotic smile. Trailing his fingertips down her front, they caught the rim of her trousers and yanked her body against his. That's when his intentions dawned on her.

"No," She breathed out, shaking her head, "No. . . Carl, please."

"Shh, don't be so frigid," He hushed, forcing his lips onto her neck, kissing, sucking, nipping at the sensitive skin. Breathing in every ounce of her scent. He'd craved her since she arrived in the Glade and now he was going to get what he'd waited for.

"S-Stop," Victoria's lips trembled, her hands trying to push him away. However, he was a lot stronger and his own hands moved up to lock onto her wrists, slamming her back into the rough bark of one of the many trees. Use your mind, Vic, a voice screamed out in her head. Protect yourself.

But she just couldn't. She was frozen, paralysed with fear. She knew she was very much capable of fighting back, but it felt impossible. As much as she tried to trigger something, she couldn't. Her terror was blocking her powers. And during the battle in her head, Carl had continued to mark every inch of her skin, ripping her clothes apart without a care in the world.