Kidnapped

Annalise's POV

I wipe my hands dry on a tea towel before hanging it back on the drawer's handle, I have just finished washing the plates from my breakfast. Peter doesn't return from work until late afternoon today but luckily he has a couple of days off starting from tomorrow so I won't be alone, I climb the stairs, two at a time and pull out some clothes, I'm going out. 

Pulling on a pair of black jeans and a white jumper over the top, I tie my hair up into a ponytail and slip on a body warmer. I grab the house keys, bus pass and my phone, shoving them into my pocket as I exit Peter's house. I walk towards the main town and stop at a bus stop, I'm leaving WestTown for the afternoon and returning to my town, I have someone I need to visit. 

The bus journey takes just over half an hour, I hop off the bus and start walking down the familiar streets, I walk through the busy streets for ten minutes before I enter residential streets which of course aren't as busy. After another five minutes I finally reach my destination... a graveyard. 

I slip in through the open gate and walk in, there's a small building at the entrance where two men are sat on the floor, holding cigarettes and talking, I assume they work here. They glance up at me as I walk past them before resuming their conversation. I follow the path further into the graveyard, losing sight of the two men. I look around at the different graves, some look like no one has tended to them in years, others look as if they were put there just yesterday. Fresh flowers lay on a couple of the graves and some tombstones even had pictures on them. 

It doesn't take too long to find the grave I was looking for, I hesitate before stepping onto the grass, I walk slowly and try and avoid walking over anyones grave. I stop and look down at the graves in front of me. Rupert's grave. I sigh quietly before sitting down next to the tomb stone, staring down at the grass, 'Hey Rupert, it's been a long time since that day and a lot has happened, but I promised you that when I regain my memories I would tell you everything, I would have preferred to tell you when you were alive but unfortunately I can't, I'm sorry Rupert, I'm sorry that you had to die because of me' 

---

It's been a whole hour, I've been sitting by Rupert's grave telling him everything that I remember from when I was a child, everything I remember from the care home and everything about him. I lick my dry lips as I read his name on the tomb stone, it felt good to get it all off my chest, it felt as if I kept my promise to him.

Hearing footsteps behind me, I turn my upper body around to see two tall muscled men walking towards me, they weren't the men I saw earlier. They walk over other people's graves with no care, making me mentally flinch, they stop a meter in front of me, staring at me. 

'Annalise' one of them speaks, they're both wearing black jumpers and black jeans with black caps low on their heads, covering their eyes. Who are they? 

'Yes?' I answer, not getting up. 

'You're coming with us' the same man says, before his friend lunges forward, a white handkerchief in his hand which he pushes roughly against my nose and mouth, his other hand comes up to hold the back of my head, keeping me in place. 

My eyes widen and my hands fly up to the man's wrist, scratching and pulling at it as I hold my breath, but he just presses it against my face harder, squishing my nose painfully. After a few seconds I become desperate for air, my mouth opens and I inhale deeply, practically tasting the chloroform on the wet handkerchief. The men don't say anything as I gasp and struggle, my mouth inhales again still desperate for air but after a few minutes, my eyelids start to feel heavy and I begin to lose consciousness. 

Then, darkness overtakes me. 

---

Peter's POV

I turn the key in the lock, happy to be home and looking forward to the next few days that I have off work, now I can spend some time with Annalise and she won't have to be home alone all day or wondering around the streets on her own. 

'Annalise' I call out, shutting the front door behind me as I kick off my shoes and put my bag down 'Are you home?' 

There's no reply, maybe she went out, she'll be back soon, I know she gets bored here on her own. I walk into the kitchen, filling up a glass of water from the tap before gulping it down and refilling the glass, I'm very thirsty. 

After gulping down the second glass of water I put the glass down in the sink just as a knock sounds on the door, I jump slightly before going over to answer it. I pull the door open and frown, two tall muscled men dressed in black are standing on my doorstep, I can't see their faces properly due to the black cap that's pulled down low.

I open my mouth to ask who they are and what they want, but before any sound comes out one of the men raises his arm, his hand curling into a fist before leaning back slightly, throwing his fist forward and hitting hard in the nose. I fall backwards and hit the ground roughly, I exclaim loudly as I bring both hands up to cup my nose, blood leaks out, coating my hands and seeping into my open mouth. 

Both men step inside my house and the one who punched me leans down next to me, he grabs both my wrists in one large hand and jerks my hands roughly away from my face, his other hand comes up to press a white handkerchief against my nose and mouth, the handkerchief smells strongly of the sweet chloroform smell. I moan in pain as my nose hurts even more from the force he's using to press he handkerchief down, his large hand also hurts my wrists as he tightens his hold when I try to wiggle them out of his iron grip. 

It seems like a long time before I start to feel dizzy and disorientated, I feel my eyes closing slowly and my body becoming heavier and then... darkness.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So... BOTH Annalise and Peter have been kidnapped! Who do you think kidnapped them and why? Also, if you can't remember who Rupert is then re-read the second chapter of this book called 'Janitor's Closet'. COMMENT&VOTE