Mathew Cross

Annalise's POV

I don't know exactly how long I have been locked in this room for but I'm guessing that it has been a few days, I get two meals a day, someone opens the door pushes in a tray of food and then locks the door again, not even speaking to me. The window in the room is small and very high up and it's boarded up so I can't tell when it's day or night outside, I just always keep the light on in the room. 

I stand up and look around the room, my kidnapper is going to have to come in and talk to me sooner or later. I bite my lip in thought, when he does come in and talk to me... what would HE do? I close my eyes and try to imagine what HE would do if he was in my situation, he would kill them when they come in right? I open my eyes, well... it looks like I will have to do the same. 

I search around the room to find a weapon that I can use, I open the wardrobe and smirk, seeing five wire hangers. I drop the clothes into the bottom of the wardrobe on top of the bags and take out all the hangers. I begin twisting them out of their shape and into the a long straight piece of wire. I twist them together the form one long thick piece of wire, this way they're stronger together than they are on their own, I twist one end so that all the sharp tips of the wires are close together, I twist the other end of the wire around my hand. 

The final creation is the five wires twisted together in the shape of a P so that they're stronger, I put my hand through the loop and begin make stabbing motions as hard as I can into the mattress, the wires pierce through a couple of layers in the mattress after a few stabs. 

I hide my weapon under my pillow along with the camera, before laying back on the bed, now all I have to do is wait for my kidnapper to come in. I stare up at the ceiling, am I becoming more like him? Is it a bad thing? What would he say if he ever found out? 

---

It's probably been two days since I made my weapon, I have practiced stabbing it into the mattress so many times that the mattress now has holes and rips all over it, making it itchy to lay on, but I don't care. I'm sitting on the edge of the bed singing in boredom, I have watched all the videos that were on the camera and flicked through all the pictures three times and now I'm bored. How long are they going to drag this out for? 

I jump as the lock makes a clicking sound and the door begins to open, they're bringing food again. I stay seated but to my surprise the door opens to its fullest and instead of a tray being pushed in, a man walks in. I stare at him, my mouth opening in shock. 

A tall man in a black suit, his brown hair is becoming increasingly grey and as usual he's leaning on a long black cane with round gold handle, his initials inscribed on it 'M.C' It's him, it's Mathew Cross. I remember when he gave me my bottle ages ago, after I had ran out to try and find unknown number, but I also remember him from the care home, now that I have all of my memories back, I remember him coming to the care home a few times, to check up on things and visit. Here he is now, standing in front of me, Mathew Cross... my kidnapper and the owner of WestTown Care home. 

'Good afternoon' he speaks, his voice deep, 'You've been causing me a bit of trouble, you and him have been nothing but a nuisance to me ever since everyone in the care home died' 

I stare back at him in silence, what does he expect me to say, I don't move from where I am sitting on the bed. He walks closer until he is standing just diagonally from me, he speaks again 'Let me tell you now, if you think he's going to come and save you then you're very wrong, there's no way he can come, it's physically impossible... he's dead' 

My head snaps up to face him, my eyes widening as I gasp aloud, 'D-dead? No, there's no way he's dead' 

He chuckles slightly, 'Yes, I killed him, I tricked him to think that you were inside a building that was about to explode and he foolishly took the bait, he went into the building to search for you and then it exploded, it's rather sad actually, I would have preferred to tell him how I truly felt about him before he died but I guess I will just have to tell you' 

I shake my head 'There's no way that you killed him, he's not stupid enough to believe you, you can't trick him, his intelligence is beyond anyone else's and most certainly beyond yours, there's no way you can outsmart him' 

Mathew Cross frowns, 'Are you doubting me? You're getting a bit too confident for someone who has been kept prisoner by me for almost a week now, do you think that you're as smart as he is? Do you think that you can copy him and be like him? No, he may have been smart but you are certainly not, you're more emotional and tend to act with feelings, which is a big weakness, a weakness he doesn't have because he doesn't have any feelings, but let's not forget that he is still human and even humans make mistakes'

'No, he's not dead, I don't believe you, you're lying' I scream, I don't want to believe him, I know he is lying to me, there's no way that he's dead. 

He slams his cane into the grounding anger, 'Don't you dare raise your voice at me, do you know who you're speaking to? You're currently in my hold and under my control and there's no one here to save you, everyone you know is dead, you and me are the only people surviving currently that know of the past and soon I will be the only survivor left, I would literally get away with murder, the biggest planned mass killing to ever happen in the country, the people have no idea what's going on and even the police aren't clever enough, it may seem unfair but without evidence and an intelligent mind, there are a lot of things someone can get away with, no one knows what happened in the care home either so there's no way they will ever trace it back to me, this case will just be added to the police's list of unsolved cases, who knows? Maybe years in the future someone will re-open this case and solve it, but it will be too long by then' 

'YOU'RE A LIAR' I scream, my hand thrusts under my pillow and I grab my weapon, my hand slipping into the loop as I pull it out, I jump up and lunge at him, thrusting the weapon forward as I had practiced many times on the mattress, he stares wide eyed at me in shock as I stab him in the neck, the weapon impales deeply. 

We stand for several seconds staring wide eyed at each other before I pull the weapon out of his neck, he falls to the ground with a thud, his cane dropping onto the floor and rolling away a little, he chokes grabbing at his neck as he tried to inhale air, I stand in front of him and watch him. I just killed him, I have just killed someone for the first time in my life... I don't know how to feel. I couldn't control myself, I felt so angry hearing him say that unknown number is dead, anger I have never felt before in my life and this is what it has lead me to do. 

All this time I thought that me and him were different, I never thought that I was capable of killing someone, I thought he was the only one who was able to do it so easily, but now that I have my memories back, I remember that everything he has ever told me and everything that I had ever seen him do was being collected in the subconscious part of my brain. The people from the care home were right, their experiments used to scare me at first but then I slowly started to act as cold hearted as he did during the experiments. The conscious part of my brain is still me, I haven't changed but deep in my subconscious I am just like him, we're the same. The subconscious is always what drives a person, but the conscious likes to think that it has total control. 

After a long struggle... Mathew Cross died.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Let me know what you think of Annalise now? What do you think is going to happen now? COMMENT&VOTE