Chapter 26: Kiseu

A part of me ended with the songs' last beats.

I couldn't move, not when V's eyes still hold mine. He is saying everything and nothing at the same time, as if words were nonexistent and our eyes were the only language we knew. 

A language I am willing to explore to every extent. 

But of course we are not the only ones here, and people might as well notice the sparks, the lighting, the fireworks, the fire, dancing in between us two. Ignoring everything and everyone, with the song a recent memory, and our eyes keeping it eternal.

But I can feel Jungkook staring at me, Suga, Jin, everyone is staring at me. 

Even Tessa.

Oh no, even Tessa.

Hers and Jungkook's stare are different than the others, feel different than the others.

I storm out of the room, as fast as my legs possible could, and look for the stairs or doors that will take me as far away as possible, putting more space in between me, and that room.

I climb up the stairs that seem to go the higher at my right, where no one could possibly imagine I went through here. Three stairs at the time, my breath caught in a hitch, not because of the effort, but because of the song, of V's deep voice, still singing in my ears...

Still singing for me.

I open the door at the end of the gray cement stairs and realize this upper part of the IG building. The wind is cold, but it is the least of my concerns, not even the fact that V's jacket was lost on my way up here. 

I just have to think, I just have to give my mind time to process what is happening and what will happen. As much as my heart still skips a beat at the thought of what happened just a few minutes ago, I still think it was a mistake from V. Everyone was there, it was a rebellious act, one IG will not let pass.

Not when they see Tessa's enraged face as she burned holes at my head.

I walk towards the edge of the building, starring at the small, almost invisible cars down, everyone with problems way different than mine, but why do I feel that there is a sun in between me and other people?

It makes sense, after all, I spend a lot of time of my life locked on that place. I was tortured, experimented on, abused, and almost killed. The only thing that saved me from death is the fact that most likely I cannot die.

At least not that easily.

I just found someone who can bring a smile on my face. I found someone whose voice will light up my face. Someone whose safety is my priority, and his happiness a must. 

I guess my brain decided to ignore the footsteps rushing their way up the stairs, bursting open the door and running towards me. 

"Ae Ri!" That unmistakable deep voice that will probably haunt my dreams till the day I die. 

I don't turn around, because I find busy streets more interesting from now on.

"Look at me..." He said, he said, he said. Just once, but the emotion in his voice was enough to make me turn to him.

"They are probably waiting for you downstairs, you should go." To Tessa... Is what I didn't want to say but should've said.

"Do you really think I care, now that I see the same shine in your eyes, that I see in mine?" No, no no. This is not right. Not when there is a broken heart lying just below our feet, not when mine feels like its going to burst. 

I look at the sky behind him, the sunset, the spilled bucket of paint, with a mixture of oranges, yellows, and reds almost as vivid as me right now.

"You should care, because the one at a disadvantage and the one that will not get out of this one, is you." I say, trying to take a few steps back, conscious of the fact that there are 300 feet of air right behind me.

"Stop saying that, you know I really don't care. Not know, not ever. Not after today." So it is my fault. So I am the one to blame for what will happen.

I take more steps back, small for me, eternal to him.

"I know what you are thinking, but don't. If it is true... what is between us, then I don't mind sacrificing anything in the way. But I need an answer, I need you to speak to me." I have never heard him speak more seriously, and by the looks of it, I think he never has.

"I-I" There is nothing I can tell him, because I don't know what there is to say. From a month until here and now, I have never spoken with anyone that weren't my doctors or my owners. I have never seen myself in this type of situation.

The steps are each time larger, as if by making them, I could disappear, stop time to think... or to run. Probably the latter.

But his eyes were suddenly not in mine, but on my black shoes, on my feet not touching the ground.

His eyes widen. His arms wrapped around me as if he had practiced it in his head a million times. He spun me to the side where death was not a possibility, and my feet touch the ground.

Or that is what I thought when suddenly his lips came searching for mine.

And he found them.

~.~.~.~.~

Hey guys!

The people that know me, will probably never imagine me, right now, writing all this cheezy romantic stuff. I am not romantic at all, and yet...

Anyway, what do you think will happen? This was some intense sh*t XD 

I will give you a clue: Things will get waaaayyy intense from now on.

So stay tuned, and remember to vote because that way I know you are actually enjoying this, and I am not just writing it to myself. XD

As always: Thank you, have a nice day and keep reading ;)

Something Serious.