Chapter 28: Midnight dilemma

One week later...

Faster, I run.

Stronger, I got.

Aware, I become.

It's 4:00 am in the morning. The sun has yet to come out, and the crisp air is almost as thick as my thoughts.

Even as a week stands in between now, and the kiss, I can't stop thinking about it.

I keep running, through the woods, through the unseen trees for humans, the bright trees for me.

I have been trying to avoid him. To not stare when I walk through the dance practice room, and I see him moving in ways I will never be capable to. I avoid staring as he laughs with the others, as he eats, as he talks, with that deep silky voice that once sang for me.

A long time ago.

Everyone seemed to ignore it though, as if it had never happened. As if V didn't sing at all. Manager Shi never called Manager Sejin to ask for an explanation, neither did Tessa. The only proof of what happened is Suga, who just one asked what the fück happened.

As if I knew.

But we had a silent agreement to not talk about it with anyone else because the lack of conversation about the topic is not a coincidence.

When I realized that running through the woods won't actually make my problems run away, I decided to walk home, not without the possibility of just running away completely, flew through my mind.

~.~

"Go, go go!" I keep punching the sack with both my fists rapidly. I told Mr. Lee to train me harder, to try to break me. Because it seems that when I am running, or doing push-ups, or shooting with the gun on my hands, I forget.

"Aim higher!" I did, and the plastic head flew off, the next one too, and so did the one at its right.

"Move those arms!" I am sure Mr. Lee has never seen someone do push-ups as fast as I do. And that thought, makes me slow my pace.

With my body drenched in sweat, I walk towards the bathrooms and take a quick shower.

When I am done, and with a clean black t-shirt on, with my black pants, I walked out.

Just to encounter the person who has ignored me for the past week.

"JungKook! Wait!" Just as he saw me outside the bathrooms, with a juice from the machine on the wall behind him, he turned around and started walking away.

"Wait!" I ran to catch up to him, and of course, I did. I tugged his shoulder with my free hand, the other drying my wet hair.

"What?" He asked, short, dry. Words that had never described him.

"Why are you avoiding me? Did I do something wrong? Talk to me..." He looks straight into my eyes when he said:

"Be careful with who you talk, watch your back, there are eyes on you." And with that, he walked away.

The sound of him sucking on the straw of his grape juice was echoed in the empty hall.

~.~

JungKook's words followed me the entire day.

I am not as safe as I thought I was, and that thought alone, made me stand in the middle of the night, and go downstairs to the kitchen for some fresh water.

The light of the fridge was able to help me notice a shadow, a well-known shadow.

"No no no no, don't go." He closed the door, and stands in my way to the stairs.

"I am tired, I want to sleep." I said, not entirely lying.

"Don't act like the others, like it didn't happen." He said, Dark brown strands of messy hair on his eyes. His hands on the pockets of his jacket.

"I won't do anything you don't want me to, but please, let's talk." It broke my heart, to see him like that. To not be able to tell him how I feel.

I sigh, and nod. Realizing that I am doing more harm that I intended to do.

He smiled. His pink lips forming a box-like figure, making me smile along.

"Tomorrow. Go on a date with me." He said, holding my hands.

I froze.

"W-what? No. What will you tell the others, what if they find out? No way in he-"

"I don't care, we will figure it out." With a half grin on his face. I realize that I cannot say no to him. Because after all, he is a stubborn bastard, but in the best way possible. 

"Fine, I will go with you, just because I don't trust you going out alone..." Yeah, I know, pulling my bodyguard card is kind of a dirty move, but I will never admit how the idea of going on a date with him makes me feel.

He smiled, relief and excitement in his dark eyes, and he walked towards the stairs. 

"Tomorrow, let's make it the best day of our lives."

With that being said, he went upstairs, disappearing into the darkness of the stairs above. 

I will go with him tomorrow, because I need to get my thoughts in order. To realize if I really, feel. 

And tomorrow will define, if I should stay here, as BTS' bodyguard, or if I should go, as I first intended to.

~.~.~.~.~

Hey guys!

Finally! They will go out on a date! Who else is excited? XD

I am sorry, I said that I was going to update and guess what? I didn't...

Anywho, What do you think will happen? Will she turn her back on BTS, or will she stay?

Please remember to Vote!  It means the world to me:D

As always: Thank you, have a nice day and keep reading ;)

Something Serious.