Chapter 31: "Let's kill her."

Be aware of the mature content of this chapter, which includes death, blood, and emotional and mental issues.

There is nothing but the endless pit of pain, a pain I thought lost, forgotten, erased.

But it is back, and it has come as stronger as ever. I can feel nothing but the tubes, syringes, and cables coming out of my body. I can hear nothing but muffled chatter and a voice saying I told you over and over again.

I knew this would happen eventually. I knew, from the moment I escaped the camp, that I, somehow, would be dragged right in again.

Even if I killed them all, or at least that is what I thought.

It turned out Manager Shi was indeed one of the main sponsors of the experiment. He always used to come to the camp, walk through the installations, the rooms, the parks, and smile at the thought of all the money that will fill his pockets if the experiment turned out to work.

And it did.

It did so well, that I, with just a swift movement, killed all the doctors, the nurses, the scientists and the researchers. I made sure no one was left. I thought I did.

I really thought I did.

~.~(flashback) ~.~

The sparks of electricity blinded me for a moment, and a moment was all it took for one of the doctors to shoot three bullets at my chest.

"D-don't get close to m-me!" He sits on the floor, his back against a bloody wall, and his legs useless. Seven bodies, of seven other doctors are scattered in the room. Some without their heads on, others with their bodies drained from blood.

I stare at the three bloody holes on my chest, and blink.

I feel nothing.

But the idea of doctor Chang shooting at me so eager, so scared, made me angry. I launch at him, he tried to shot me, but his gun is out of bullets.

I smile.

His heart was pulled out by my right hand. The veins so carefully ripped out from the muscle that doesn't beat anymore. His dark eyes stared at me as his life drained.

I will never forget those eyes, that screamed monster at me, so loud I have to put my hands around my ears to stop his dying words to keep haunting me.

I don't know how much time I stayed there, in the middle of a bloody room, surrounded by dead bodies, with the palms of my hands so hard against my ears, and my body rocking on the thin thread of sanity.

I have to get back to the girls.

My roommates, my friends, who were also experimented and mistreated as badly as I was.

I open the door, travel as many stairs and corridors as I had to, before entering what was our room.

Now the bodies of twenty teenage girls, with wide lifeless eyes. Hot tears drench my cheeks as I walk through the room, through the rows of beds with dead bodies on top of them.

Yoon-duk, my best friend, my sister, lies on the floor, on top of a puddle of black blood, her blood. I kneel down beside her, sobbing loudly.

"N-no, don't leave me. W-what am I supposed to do now? W-we were going to escape. We were going to live in a small house on a mountain, far away from here." And I can't stop myself from screaming with her body on my arms.

But footsteps are rushing here, because my scream was so powerful that it broke the windows in the room.

And it will break the bodies of whoever dares to come to this room.

The soldiers step in, all in line, in perfect synchrony. With their machine guns in hand, pointed at me.

"Stand up slowly, and turn towards us. Your hands in the air." My back was towards them, and Yoon-duk's cold body feels like an anchor that keeps me from moving.

"If you don't do as we say, we will shot you!"The general said once again, I can hear the guns clicking, ready to shot.

But they don't know that there are already three holes on my chest, and none will prevent what will happen next.

~.~ (end of flashback) ~.~

After what happened, all I remember was walking on top of hundreds of bodies, and then I was on the bus.

"Let's kill her." The voice sounds so faint, but such strong words can't be unheard.

"Sir, we already tried. We can't kill her." A female's voice.

"Then send her back to the camp!" He says, That voice sounds so familiar. So near and so far at the same time.

"We can't send her back to the camp, it's gone, she made sure of that." Again, the female's voice. Is she one of the doctors that experimented on me?

"We will send her to the military, to train with the others, it doesn't matter that she is different, we will make her think that she is normal." Another woman, The receptionist? I try to open my eyes, but my eyelids are two heavy bricks that just won't open.

"I like that idea. Erase everything, and make sure nothing is left, make her not even remember her name." Manager Shi.

"N-no" I feel my lips trying to say that word, but I can't hear anything coming out.

I start to hyperventilate, my breaths coming quick and shallow, my heart racing, pounding out of its cave.

"S-sir. Are you sure? She might not even remember how to talk. We haven't tried this method yet." The female doctor says, and my hands start to move.

I am waking up.

"Quick Sir, she is waking up!"

Suddenly my arms start to move at my command, and the leather rope holding them down is broken. My feet start to feel the hot blood racing to them, and break the rope around my ankles.

"Sir!"

My eyes open, and I can finally see. A laboratory, machines are all around. Cables, my body is open, like an open book. Two doctors, the receptionist, Manager Shi, and...

Tessa.

"Do it."

And the tip of a syringe is introduced into my neck, the sting of pain makes me scream, so loud, with so much pain.

The last thing I saw was Manager Shi talking on the phone, and Tessa's eyes on mine.

Laughing at me.

~.~.~.~.~

Hey guys!

Before we talk about this heartless, unexpected, intriguing, and infuriating chapter, we have to talk about BTS billboard presentation ( which was yesterday)

Did you see Jungkook's abs? My mother was watching the show with me, and just raised an eyebrow when I gasped at the sight of such glorious abs.

Sorry not sorry. XD

Anyway, what do you think will happen? Is Ae Ri going to forget everything?

Please remember to Vote! It means the world to me:D

As always: Thank you, have a nice day and keep reading ;)

Something Serious.