Chapter 19: Little Demon

Lily was in her new room she had acquired in the Angel Host Academy since her enrollment. She was lying on her bed, looking at the ceiling, and floating into her thoughts...

Everything had changed after they found out she had Samael as her guardian or, as people loved to say, 'she made a pact with the devil'. Since that day, her life became even worse than it was before. In the past, people at least didn't mind interacting with her on a daily basis, because she was still the mayor's daughter, but after it was revealed she was connected with an archdemon, everyone feared to even say a word to her. They all avoided her and no one wished to be her friend. In those terms, nothing had changed but turned even worse. Evy, who had before shown interest towards her now decided to withdraw and be more careful with her - she didn't interact with her anymore. Probably it was the instructions from her guardian angel, Loriel. The family members who would before at least ask about her well-being ceased contacting her at all.

This life is so lame, and if it is indeed that weirdo's fault I'm in this condition... Ugh, he's truly a monster... she clenched her fists, now feeling bitter anger towards Samael instead of gratitude. Just what did he do with me in my previous incarnation?!  

A caw awoke her from her thoughts. She widened eyes and concentrated her gaze on the window, where she saw a black raven sitting outside and cawing.

A raven? What's such a blackened bird doing on the Angel Host Academy territory? She blinked with stupefaction. She walked to the window and opened it wide.

"Shoo! Get out!" she frowned at the raven. She didn't like it ruin her peaceful time with its annoying caw. But the raven instead flew in, took a seat on her bed and nestled down. "Hey! That's my bed! Get out of there!" Lily now got truly angry. The raven cawed and flapped its wings as if mocking her. "Huh? Now you'll have it, stupid bird!" she grabbed a broom. The raven widened eyes and fearfully cawed, flying up high so that the girl wouldn't reach her. Lily swung her broom, hit the bird, and dropped him down to the floor, but oh, my, the raven shape-shifted and turned into a young, twelve-year-old pitch-black-haired brown-eyed boy! Lily screamed. The boy instead winched in pain, rubbed his head, and then looked up at her. He eyed her curiously, and slowly stood up. Lily tremblingly held her broom: "Wh... Who are you?!"

"The name's Incubus," he grinned, showing his four sharp demonic teeth.

"Incubus?" Lily widened eyes - that was the name of the famous evil demon of nightmares! She raised her broom: "Get out of here! I don't want nightmares!"

"Wo, wo, calm down! Steady..." the boy raised his arms, sweating with worry. He was scared to be hit with the broom again. "I didn't mean to barge in. I was just curious".

"Curious about what?"

"Well, I felt depressed thoughts from this area so I came..."

"Ah, so you indeed came to cause me nightmares!"

"No, no, no!" he backed off, sweating, "I didn't mean anything bad, I swear!"

"Well then, get out of here!"

"Say, you're Lilith's reincarnation, aren't you?"

"Huh? How do you know that?" 

Lily put her broom down now, overwhelmed with curiosity and surprise. The lad sighed with relief seeing she had given up on threatening him.

"Father told me. He did say I shouldn't have come and bothered you since it's a very important mission for angels, but... I couldn't resist, feeling that depression came from your direction... I felt that I should've checked..."

"Father?"

"Yeah, Lord Samael..."

"Wh... What?!" she couldn't believe her ears - Samael had a kid and this big?!

"Yeah. Well, don't forget he's an eternal angel so he's much older than he sometimes looks".

Lily blinked in a stupor, but then recalled how Samael's true face indeed looked - like a skeleton... Yeah, that guy did live for eternity, after all.

"Oh, I understand..." she put her broom away, "But, why were you so eager to see me? You're a demon, aren't you? If the Angel Host Academy guards spot you, you're going to get in big trouble".

"Yes but..." the boy scratched his head nervously, "The thing is - Lilith was my mom..."

Lily gasped in shock - what?!