Chapter 20: Incubus

"Eh?!" Lily freaked out - this twelve-year-old kid was one eternity old, and what's more, her previous incarnation's son?! Did it... Did it make him... her son? Her face reddened and she hastily shook her head, discarding this idea: I'm just freaking fifteen! I cannot have kids yet. He was Lilith's kid, not mine... duh!

"What do you mean?" the boy scratched the back of his head, "You are Lilith, so that does make me your son, no matter how weird it may seem".

"Ugh, shut up!" Lily grabbed her broom again and hit him in the face.

"Ah!" Incubus shrieked and fell off. He rubbed his painful cheek: "What's wrong? What did I do now?"

"You are wrong! You sneaked into my thoughts. That's a private area. And how can I damn have a son? I'm only fifteen, you dumbass! Look at you, you seem at least twelve!"

"Don't judge by looks. I am too old, maybe just a little younger than this world. I have lived so long I know all about human history, and more importantly, their dreams and nightmares..." Incubus made a vicious grin. Lily blinked instupefaction, then shrieked, and hit him again with the broom. "Ah! What'swith you and all this hitting?"

"You deserve it, you vile one! Don't make that demonic look, it pisses me off! You are completely like your damn father! Damn you all demons... And by the way, that's the point I was making - you are freaking too old, as you say, and I'm only fifteen!"

"Wrong again, Lily, if I may call you so," the boy chuckled and stood up once more, although now he took a little step back as he was aware of her 'deadly' broom. "Your body is fifteen - Lily is fifteen. Your soul is even older than me - it has lived long. It is a mother to me. As the main part of any human is a soul and not a body, since a soul is eternal and a body sooner or later joins the earth again, you are your soul, so you are Lilith, and it makes you my mother - my soul mother, that is. Soul parents and soul relatives don't need to be of a certain age or anything. It is eternal as is the soul".

"I... don't really get your point. How can a soul give birth?"

"Woah, that's a good question," he grinned, showing his little sharp demonic teeth. "Not all souls give birth. Yours did, and only because you mated Lord Samael, the archangel of destruction and death. Because of having a son with him, your son turned out a black energy being, as he carried black energy within himself. Thus, I was born from a human's womb, but with demonic powers and thus a demon. Only an unearthly being's soul can give birth if this said being is female, and only a male unearthly spirit can let human give birth to a soul, thus making her a soul parent. To be more specific - you know the fact of human history, right? Back when Mary gave birth to a deity... She was a soul parent too, so she was counted as a saint". 

"Oh, so you mean I should be a saint too?"

"No. There's a difference - Mary gave birth to her son from a celestial angel. Your mate back then was the sole infernal angel, thus it makes you not a saint, but a dirty soul - a demon, to be precise. A dirty soul is not always a blackened demon, though, rather a light-hearted one, as it still holds the soul's light energy. We could call you an 'angelic demon' if that sort of thing existed".

Hearing the words 'dirty soul', Lily gasped:

"So, it is true! It is really true..."

"Huh? What's wrong?" Incubus raised an eyebrow.

"It is true that I suffer now because of that damn Samael! So it was his fault from the beginning, and I counted him as my friend! Ugh!" she clenched her fists, her nerves strained with the rage rushing through her veins.

"Um..." Incubus made another step back, getting worried now - he shouldn't have come, after all... Father was right - all of this explanation caused even more damage...

"Ugh, I'll tell that damn guy everything I think about him!" Lily began drawing the summoning sign.

"No! Don't do that!" Incubus rushed up to her, but it was late:

"My guardian angel, I invoke you!"

The black smoke emerged. Incubus shuddered with terror, ran back, and leaned against the wall. Lily looked at the black-torn-winged familiar young man that had appeared in her room, her eyes sparkling with rage. However, the blackened angel gazed not at her, but straightly at quivering Incubus. This latter shivered with tears in his eyes:

"F... Father, I..."

Samael clutched his black scythe, almost making it crack: 

"Just what on earth... did you tell her?!"