Chapter 29

"And cut!" The director yelled.

Zi You got off of the bed with the help of Lui Yun. The scene they had just film was the scene where Mu Yan had visited Zhang Xu after finding out that he was sick.

"Great job," Lui Yun said to Zi You, handing a towel and a water bottle to him.

"Thanks," Zi You mumbled in return.

Zi You used the towel to wipe the water droplets on his forehead before setting it down. He opened the water bottle and took a sip of it, before looking towards the other people who were acting out their scene.

Since Yuan Ju (plays Wang Yu, Zhang Xu's friend that helped him escape from jail) doesn't come into the drama until Zhang Xu is put in jail, he still hadn't had any scenes yet. Right now, Xu Xin (Xia Xu)and Li Mei (Su Lin) were acting out the scene where they met for the first time. Wei Yu also doesn't appear, and even when he does appear , it is only for a few seconds.

Whenever Zi You sees the dirty look Wei Yu gives him, he can't stop the voice inside his head that says 'go ahead and hate me, I hate you too.' He also wish that Wei Yu would keep doing that, it would make it easier to take him down.

One thing for sure, was that Zi You was starting to get frustrated. He knew that Lui Yun likes him, so why wasn't he making a move yet. You can hardly called taking to someone to dinner, and not telling your feelings to them, a date.

It wasn't hard at all to find out that Lui Yun actually liked him. I mean, the way he stares at him was like a dragon protecting it's jewels. Not to mention, Lui Yun always smiled when he looked at him.

Though Zi You knew Lui Yun liked him, Zi You will never make the first move. For now, he will act as if he didn't know Lui Yun liked him, and make Lui Yun chase after him.

He wasn't dumb enough to not notice Min Yue and Meng Shu too. For the past few days, these three had been taking him almost everywhere. And although he knew the feelings of those two, he couldn't return those feelings. Not when he already had someone else living in his heart.

He turned his attention to Su Lin and Xia Xu, watching them act. Su Lin was a great actress but her flaw was that she tends to forget that the story isn't about her, and makes Li Mei's character mix in with hers. When those moments do happen, the director would get very frustrated. If one didn't know Su Lin well enough, they might think that she was doing this to get attention.

In the book, Li Mei seemed to be.... like a green tea bit*h (aka a scheming person). Zi You hated Li Mei, because even though she knew Zhang Xu hadn't tried to kill her, she still didn't stop Mu Yan from putting Zhang Xu's family into jail. That was one thing that made him hate her.

Another thing was that Li Mei was said to be a girl who didn't know how to fight, but when the original Shadow Claw's leader tried to kill her, she had tackled him down. Say whatever you want, but he didn't believe that a woman who knew nothing about fighting could tackled a man twice her size and successfully escape, only to collapse right at the door of Mu Yan's house. To him, that seemed very fishy, as if it was purposely planned out.

He thought that maybe Li Mei had known Zhang Xu's feelings for Mu Yan and had wanted him out of the picture, so that she wouldn't have to go against anyone. Though that just made everything worse.

Xia Xu a very shy girl, but that all changes when she starts acting. Her role as Xu Xin was kind of like her, except for the fact that Xu Xin was cold and was also really talkative once she starts getting use to someone. Xia Xu was able to bring out this point perfectly, and she was great at not making mistakes, like Zi You was.

In the drama, Xu Xin was also another character that believed in Zhang Xu and tried to plead to Mu Yan, her brother, on Zhang Xu's behalf. She too had known Zhang Xu since she was born, and also hanged out with him, so when she heard what had happened, she had immediately tried to stop Mu Yan.

Xu Xin had not liked Li Mei at all, even though they had just met. In the story, she was very cold to Li Mei, and whenever Mu Yan saw this, he would yell at Xu Xin. Xu Xin was always doted by her brother so when Mu Yan had yelled at her, that just made her dislike Li Mei more. She was also really smart so when Li Mei had appeared at the front of their house wounded, she already knew something was wrong. She immediately knew she was correct, when Li Mei slowly dropped hints that it was Zhang Xu's doing.

She had known Zhang Xu since she was born, and knew that that he would never do such a thing. Zhang Xu was a calm and most of all, very generous. Li Mei, in her eyes however, was suspicious. When Zhang Xu was killed by Mu Yan, she packed her bags and moved far away from them, cutting off all contacts with them. She later married Yuan Ju, who was Zhang Xu's friend and later on took over Shadow Claw, and was told of all the things she never knew.

She had also took Zhang Xu's body and buried him behind a beautiful valley, right next to a river, with the help of Yuan Ju. She had buried him there because Zhang Xu had once told her, before he had escaped from jail, that if one day he were to die, then to bury his body next to a river behind a valley. She wanted to accomplish the last task, given to her, by her best friend.

Although Zi You hated Mu Yan, he didn't hate Xu Xin. Xu Xin had tried to stop all of this from happening. Mu Yan, however, he pitied. If Mu Yan had just tried to look further into the clues, then maybe now he wouldn't have lost a sister, or his best friend that could've become his lover.