can we be together?

you know, i really wish i had you around me. maybe, not close in with any distance between us but just glance at you from a distance.

i so wish i could smell your shirt after a tiring day. i wish i could hear how husky and electrifying your voice would be sounding. maybe they'd ignite dust into sparks and turn them into stars to eat away the black of the night. i wish i could touch your palm and smile at how the warmth of your palm would be seeping into the chill of mine. i wish i could watch you smile all day and watch how those kissable lips of yours would be curving at unfathomable lines. just like the space and time are wrapped into one entity, so would be, maybe, your lips and the stars be wrapped into a beautiful mess.

when i see people around, there are quite many of them, seven billion minus two (two as in you and me) and see how they've this mere privilege to witness the magic of their better half, my heart crumples. every breath inhaled seems to add cold gasoline into my lungs only to burn all my veins, arteries and decay the walls of my heart. it happens to the extent that i feel almost non-existent.

tears burn in my eyes. they make them so red that the red of my love turns pale, and i hate it when it does. because it is a living proof that my pain is greater than my love.

sometimes, i like this. this feeling of decaying. it makes me feel maybe, just maybe, this cosmos would sympathise and take me to where you lie. but this cosmos is dark and silent and every wish and prayer gets buried under the pile of dead shooting stars.

so, i just lie on the wet grass, as my shirt gets moist from the fallen dew and my skin shivers. i just lie and look at the stars and try to find you among the clusters of them. it's been a long time since i'm doing this. trying tofind you in a cluster of billions and trillions of stars never made me tired. i guess, i'm quite near to the end of their list. the night when i'd have searched for you in every star isn't far.

maybe, just maybe, can we be together then?

please?

Author's note:

Another piece which is really close to my heart. :') Do comment your views and have a lovely day.