Chapter 12

"The news is loving you guys, though no one else is" Hill explained. "There's been no official call for Banner's arrest, but it's in the air."

"The Stark relief foundation?"

"Already on the scene,how's the team?"

"Everyones... We took a hit. We'll shake it off" Tony answered.

"Well, for now, I'd stay in stealth mode and stay away from here"

"So, run and hide?"

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer."

"Neither do we" Tony ended the call and walked over to Clint, who was flying the jet. "Hey, you wanna switch out?"

"No, I'm good. If you wanna get some kip, now's a good time because we're still a few hours out."

"A few hours from where?"

"A safe house."

Jo sat far away from everyone. Though considering what they had been through no one was exactly in the talking mood. Her head was pounding and she felt slightly dizzy. Jo tried to put the new puzzle pieces in their place but considering it felt like she was doing a million-piece puzzle, it was a painful process. You'd think regaining your memory would be like the movies, one minute nothing and the next you remember everything and you're fine. When in reality it feels like your brain had been on overload for three hours and the end is nowhere in sight.

"Hey, wake up"

"Huh?" Jo's eyes snapped open, realizing she had fallen asleep. Jo noticed they had landed in some field. "Where are we?"

"Don't know, Barton say's it's a safe house" Steve explained as he helped her up. "You okay?"

"Are any of us?" Jo muttered. She had yet to tell Steve her memories were back. Because that involves explaining how they had returned.

They all followed Barton through the field and up the front steps. "Honey? I'm home" Barton called out as they entered the home. They walked into a living room, filled with books, toys, and stuffed animals. A pregnant woman came around the corner, a child's painting in hand.

"Hi, company. Sorry, I didn't call ahead" Barton apologized as he kissed the mystery woman. He put his arm around her and turned to the team. "Gentlemen, this is Laura."

"I know all of your names" Laura smiled at them all.

"Ooh, incoming" Barton smiled at the sound of running steps.

"Dad!" A little girl exclaimed.

"Hi, sweetheart!" Clint took the girl into her arms and held her close. "Hey, buddy!" He threw his other arm around the teenage boy and kissed the top of his head.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat?"

"Why don't you hug her and find out?" The little girl squealed with delight and ran into Nat's arms.

"Sorry for barging in on you" Steve apologized.

"Yeah, we would have called ahead, but we were busy having no idea that you existed."

"Yeah well, Fury helped me set this up when I joined" Barton explained. "Kept it off Shield's files and I'd like to keep it that way. I figured it's a good place to lay low."

Everyone began to talk amongst themselves. Thor walked out of the house and Steve followed. Jo heard Thor say something about a dream and watched as he swung his hammer and shot into the sky. She saw Steve pause for a moment before walking out into the front yard.