Chapter 8

Olivia POV 

We got into Blake's Silver Jeep Wranger and he was already driving "Which coffee shop are we going to?" He didn't respond again. "Blake?" I asked again, I swear this boy could really get on my nerves sometimes he just doesn't pay attention does he? After my mental rhetorical questioning, the car suddenly stopped. Blake was putting the car in park, I looked to my right and saw one of those urban coffee shops. We got out of the car, I walked over to the door and the sign said CK Coffee Lounge. 

To my surprise Blake got in front of me and opened the door " Thanks" I told him. As I went inside I took in the atmosphere. It was so laid back, couches and bean bags were spread across the room with tables to match. Tables and chairs were near the register, the showcase had a variety of pasteries lined up. We got to the register and ordered our drinks he got an Mocha Frappicino while I asked for a Caramel Frappicino with extra Caramel and a strawberry shortcake to go with it... ( don't judge guys I love sweets). I almost dropped my cake when he said he was going to pay for the food.

We got our drinks and made our way to one of the tables. We sat across each other just staring at one another. We didn't talk ever since we left the school. Now things were just awkward.

"So uhm what do you want to start with?" I asked him, eagerly taking a sip out of my delicious frap. 

"Okay, so what do you see yourself in ten years? He asked also taking a sip out of his frap.

" Ten years huh.." I had to think about it for a moment. In ten years I would be done with Med school and in my Intern program. I don't know if I would be married with a good man and have kids yet. I've never actually thought that far yet. Would I be able to have a husband who would love me whole heartedly? "I don't know... I think I would be starting my internship at the hospital." I told him unsure of my answer.

"How about marriage and kids?"

" I don't know about that" I told him

"Why not?.. You don't see any Children in your future?" He asked taking more sips out of his drink.

"Well, I don't know if I would even be married." I answered him honestly.

"Why not... you're a good girl. You'll be able to married eventually."

"yeah, eventually." I scoffed taking a spoonful out of the strawberry short cake. He looked at me making me think he wants to go on "I mean look at me no one would want me" motioning my hand towards my body

" Why do you think it is that way? I know for a fact anyone with a brain would see how precious you are." He said to me. The way he said it.. His eyes were filled with pity, the way he told me that it felt as if he wasn't so convinced himself. I wouldn't blame him, I mean I don't even have much confidence in myself to believe it either.

"Sure... So where do you see yourself in ten years?" I asked him, really hoping I would be able to change the conversation.

He looked at me questioning what had just done, I really hope he wouldn't pressure me again. "I honestly want to continue football hopefully making it into the NFLs" 

"Oh really? thats good" Then things just became silent again. "So uh do you want kids in the future?" using the same question he had just asked me 

"I hope so, I want the whole deal. A loving wife, kids, pets and a big backyard." He looked really adorable. I continued to stare at him when he kept describing what kind of place he would want to own in the future and what kind of backyard he would have. His future wife would be lucky to have such an attentive husband.

"Why are you so caught up on the house" I blurted out. He just looked at me as if I said something that offended him. "Oh sorry I just mean you keep talking about the house"