07 | nefarious

07 | nefarious
(typically of an action or activity) wicked or criminal

dedicated to @lunauthor

HANNAH COULD PASS for a model

HANNAH COULD PASS for a model. With her sharp, striking features, her face held a boldness that I had rarely seen in others. Despite her natural resting bitch face, she had a smile that could effortlessly light up a room; made you feel as though you had known her a lifetime. She was just under six foot seven, with long muscular legs that were endless.

Tonight, Hannah had straightened out her curls until her hair reached her shoulders in a bob. The ebony hair shone under the bright London light, moving with sheer perfection each time she turned her head to admire something about the city she hadn't seen before.

Although Hannah's straight stature and short red dress emanated a wave of confidence, I was the complete opposite. I had opted for a black jumpsuit - something I could easily run in, if it came to it. I hadn't bothered with my hair, either, which fell over my shoulders in irregular red-gold waves. Moreover, the layer of mascara I had applied was basic, and nothing to give off the sense of wealth that was required for the place we were headed.

Damon walked ahead of us, having scrubbed up well into yet another suit. Once again, a tie was nowhere in sight, but the imperfect appearance matched Damon better than any other. Furthermore, the man's stubble had grown, the dark facial hair adding depth to his timeless face.

We had been walking for five minutes in the evening light before Damon abruptly halted on a street of expensive buildings, paired with red carpets trailing inside and marble decor. The building we were facing matched the aesthetic with ease, merging into its surroundings until it was no longer distinguishable from the next building along. If it weren't for the gold plaque with 'Algrose Cemetery' etched into it, it would've easily been mistaken for a hotel or set of high-end offices.

"Good evening," the porter welcomed us, smiling brilliantly as he invited us into the vampire nest. Damon had explained enough about the building to have my skin writhing with anxiety. The casino-hotel complex was, in fact, built on top of an old cemetery, and had been in the possession of the London clan leader ever since it had opened its doors in 1895. He was the same vampire who ran The Grand London Hotel, which was where the ceremony for the king trials were taking place.