ᴅᴀʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

▶ ᴀ/ɴ

I suggest that you guys listen to The Truth Untold from LY:Tear while reading this chapter but go ahead and just listen to the whole album (ehem a masterpiece).

-

"If you're strawberry then I'm Kookiehuh?"

🌾🌾🌾

TAEHYUNG expected to break a limb or some sort when he jumped from that branch. What he didn't expect was that the elder completely cushioned his fall. The impact did hurt a little but Jungkook was having it much worse since a grown male has jumped into his arms and fell on the hard ground with him. "Hyung!" Jungkook groaned but managed to send a small smile to his direction.

Soon enough, Yoongi was able to reach the two of them, his usual lazy expression now gone and replaced with urgency. "Kid, if you can, get the med kit and meet me in your room okay?"

Jimin helped his friend, tending to the few cuts he had on his body. "Hey- Tae where are you going? I'm not finished cleaning your cuts. Jeez- just sit down!"the pinkette sighed. Taehyung was already going upstairs before he could finish putting the disinfectants.

He ran upstairs frantically, holding the other spare medkit in hand. Two more long strides later and he barged into their room seeing Yoongi clean the small wounds. "Taehyung would you mind cleaning up his wounds for me? I have to go check on the other kids," Yoongi only received a silent nod from him as he slowly walked his way to his roommate.

Silence filled the room once the other instructor left. Taehyung immediately grabbed one of the ice cubes placed in a bowl and wrapped it around a clean towel to place on Jungkook's bruises. Jungkook hissed as the cool feeling touched his skin, "sorry" he heard Taehyung say.

This went on for about a bit until the elder felt something drip on his thigh. He assumed it was water coming from the melting ice but it felt warmer somehow. He titled his head upwards a little bit and was greeted by a crying Taehyung, small sniffs emitting from his small figure.

"H-hey now, what's the matter?" Jungkook approached. The boy cried harder, "I'm s-sorry," he said. Taehyung had always presumed that he cause harm onto others. He was bad luck to everyone like a plague.

"Why are you sorry?"

"Be-because if it wasn't for me then you wouldn't get all bruised and wounded. It's my fault," Taehyung sobbed louder, wiping his tears in a rush as he tried to catch his breath.

'He still really is a child' thought Jungkook.

"There's nothing to be sorry about Strawberry. I knew this would happen but it's better if I got hurt instead of you," whispered Jungkook as he cupped the younger's face into his hand. He had no idea where he's gotten such courage and why he felt that protecting Taehyung was now his job, but he really isn't complaining right now.

On the other hand, Taehyung didn't know why his heart was beating as if it'd explode out of his chest any second now. His cheeks were warm and Jungkook's hand was so soft that he found himself leaning for more.

"Really?" he voiced out, his eyes boring into Jungkook's brown ones. The red head received a small nod and a smile, making his heart go boom boom (-okay pun intended).

"Thank you Kookie," Jungkook smiled at the nickname. "If you're strawberry then I'm Kookie huh?" He heard the younger emit the cutest giggle he's ever heard.

"I like it."

"I do too."