Chapter 7 - Two Limbless Alchemists

(the art above does not belong to me!!)

Chapter 7 - Two Limbless Alchemists

"So, what are you Elric brothers going to do now?" Maes Hughes asks the brothers.

The Elric Brothers, Colonel and Lieutenant Colonel, Second in command, Major, a small assortment of other officers and I are currently inside Colonel Mustang's office, just finished our talk about the Ishvalan we encountered earlier this day. I sit with my back on the side of the Colonel's desk while I listen intently to the conversation unfolding.

The eldest Elric scratches his cheek with his only functioning arm.

"Yeah..." he ponders. "I want to fix Al's armour, but I can't do that without an arm."

Armstrong quickly rises from his position, stepping forward. His top is ripped off in seconds while he pumps his muscles. I glare over at the over-pompous man.

"Shall I fix you?" He asks Alphonse, the light reflecting off his sculpted head.

Alphonse quickly declines his offer with a polite 'I'll pass' while his helmet sweats nervously. I nod my approval to his decline before going back to fiddle with my newly repaired jacket.

"I'm the only one who knows how Al's soul is bound to the armour," Edward explains. "So first I have to fix my arm."

Hawkeye seems to stop to ponder something as she speaks. "That's right..." She says quietly. "Since Edward can't use alchemy..."

"He's just another kid with a rotten tongue," Havoc says as he leans on his elbow, a cigarette tucked in between his lips.

"A bratty little midget," my father adds on.

'Oh, I see where this is going...' I think.

"Worthless. Worthless!" Mustang jabs

"Sorry brother," Alphonse apologises from his place on the floor. "I can't say anything."

"That's bullying!" Edward's temper reaches a boiling point when he shouts his disapproval to the room. I simply sit still and stay out of the entire conversation, even though I'm dying to make fun of his hight. "If I'm all of those things, then what's Elleah!?"

I stand up abruptly and back away. "No, I'm fine," I defend. "No one needs to say anything."

But Hughes dashes over to me quickly, embracing me in a bone-crushing hug. He rubs his deadly stubble all over my cheek as he speaks.

"She's my baby girl!" He coos.

Mustang walks over next to pull me out of the hug of death and pat my head.

"A loyal and strong Lady." He winks, receiving another book to the head from Maes. He falls to the ground with a large, red lump forming on his head.

I sigh and attempt to take back the book in my father's hand. However, he doesn't let me take it. Instead, he holds it high above my head and blushes with glee at his adopted child, trying to reach the leather-bound object. I attempt to reach out to grab it again by using my tiptoes but to no avail. I sigh again and plant my feet firmly back on the ground.

"All men have one soft spot," I say, glancing up at the tall man. "And being short gives me perfect range of that soft spot."

Hughes immediately places the book in my outstretched hand and runs over to hid behind the office couch. I smile slightly and sit back down in my original position.

Edward sighs in disapproval from atop a table. "I guess I have no choice. I'll have to go to my mechanic."

I nod my head in agreement seeing as I, too, have to travel to greet my old friend for a repair job.

"I'll be accompanying you then," I say, standing up and placing a hand on my hip. "I haven't seen Winry in years, and I need some work done on my own arm." I indicate to my empty shoulder socket.

"Very well," Mustang says from his desk chair. "But I must advise having someone else tag along also." Roy looks around the room to the people present. With haste, they all begin saying how they have other things to do or aren't brave enough to protect us in a dangerous situation. Even Mustang gives us an excuse. Now, there is only one person left to defend us that would have no problems at all. Someone I don't take too kindly too.

'Oh no...'