CHAPTER 8

"EXCUSE ME?" I exclaimed, standing up. Kol did not look happy as he wiped away the coffee that I accidentally spat on his face. Rebekah covered her mouth with her hand as she tried not to laugh while Klaus was doing the same.

"I did not sign up for this," I said, grabbing their attention.

"Actually, darling," Kol started, flitting over to where I was, "You did. When you accepted our offer, you agreed you will do whatever it takes to fulfill your revenge and this is the first step,"

"It's not too late to back out, love," Klaus stated, "You could go back to being their punching bag and spend the rest of your life bruised and broken,"

I swallowed the bile daring to come out of my mouth. I don't know the consequences of being a Vampire but I do know what will happen if I don't. This is my chance, but should I risk it?

"What do I have to do?"

"Well, first, you have to die," Rebekah stated, "With our blood in your system,"

"I have to d-die?" I repeated in a questioning manner, "Is there no other way?"

"Afraid not, sweetheart," Klaus said, arms crossed.

"H-how do I...uh...die?"

"We snap your neck," Rebekah answered.

"Or I drain you of your delicious blood. Your choice, of course," Kol added, a smirk making its way to his face.

"You are not allowed to drink my blood," I stated, glaring at Kol,

"Fine, we snap your neck then," Kol said begrudgingly.

"W-when do we start?" I asked, afraid.

"Now." And with that, Kol snapped my neck and darkness filled my surroundings.

-------

I woke up gasping for air. I cannot believe Kol killed me without warning. My eyes began to blur yet I was wearing my glasses. When I removed them, everything became 100x clearer. I could see every speck, every dirt, every little detail in the room. I noticed I was in the living room and no one was around.

Few seconds later, the help from earlier came into the room, blood dripping from the side of her neck. I was suddenly overcome with hunger and, before I knew it, fangs protruded from my mouth and I ran to her with immeasurable speed. I pierced my fangs into her neck and began to drink her blood. At first, it tasted metallic but, as I started to drink more, it tasted sweet and my hunger only grew.

I let go of her neck and her body fell to the floor. My eyes widened as she no longer breathes and, that's when I realized...I killed her.

"For a baby vampire, you've got quite the gall," A voice said from behind. I turned around to see Kol leaning on the wall, his arms crossed and amusement etched on his face.

"I killed her," I stated, tears pouring down into my cheeks, "I killed her!" I sobbed uncontrollably and arms suddenly embraced my figure.

"Shhhh, love," It was Klaus trying to comfort me, "Your senses are heightened. You need to calm down,"

"How can I calm down? I killed an innocent woman!"

"She's hardly innocent, love," I heard Rebekah say, "She murdered her family to get insurance money,"

"B-but...I just killed someone!" I shouted, Klaus' arms keeping a hold of me.

"We all have," She said, "And many more. The first thing you need to know about revenge..." Her figure crouched down to level with mine, "Is you need a cold, cruel heart to do so,"