CHAPTER 32

Unfortunately, I couldn't execute my plan today. Klaus and I had to visit the Underworld with the rest of the Mikaelson's coming with us.

"Everybody ready?" Demeter asked as we all stood in the living room.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I muttered. Klaus gripped my hand, reassuring me with his presence.

"Good. Now, I want you to focus on one side of this room. As you're doing that, focus and think of an entrance leading to the Underworld." Nodding at her instructions, I trained my eyes on the wall in front of me and envisioned it crumbling to the ground to form an entrance.

After a few seconds, the wall started to crack and a part of it crumbled down to the ground.

"That's not permanent, is it?" Klaus asked.

"It'll close once we all step in," Demeter replied. Hesitatingly, the Mikaelsons went in first followed by Demeter.

Klaus held out his arm, saying, "My Queen,"

I took it with a smile and said, "Thank you, my King,"

As we entered, the wall closed up. Fire lit the dark hall, providing us the view of the stoned, concave walls. As we walked forward, we heard wailing and crying getting louder and louder with each step.

"What is that?" Rebekah asked.

"Damned souls," Demeter replied. We reached the end of the stoned-hall, where it led us to a Victorian-styled room. The walls were a reddish-brown and there was a glass door with green light penetrating through it.

"Marvelous interior," Elijah complimented.

"This is the main room," Demeter said, "We made sure it didn't look like Hades' version of living quarters. There are rooms down the hall, provided with individual bathroom if you wish to stay here. Believe me, you're better off doing your job at the mansion. As King and Queen, all you need to do is to keep Underworld in order, meaning no souls going out. Just—everyone here should be miserable,"

"With Niklaus as their King that wouldn't be a problem," Kol commented

"You have men seeing things through. Their job is to update you. There's too many to mention but you'll see them once in a while when you're here. Now, you have pets. The hell hounds are currently caged. They need to be comfortable with their new owners before they could be released. The Fates are the old ladies in charge of when people die,"

"The who?" Rebekah asked.

"The creepy grandmas cutting the string of life," I answered for her, plopping down on the couch. Kol went towards the glass door, his eyes widening at what he saw.

"You need to see this," He said, gesturing us to come forward. We went to where he stood, our expression mirroring his own. Outside the glass door was the view of the Underworld. Fire surrounded the mountainous valley. The clouds were dark as ash, lightning rolled the skies. Down below, you could see souls roaming around, while others were sweating blood as they climbed the mountains.

"Don't worry," Demeter spoke, "Here in the Underworld, the souls that enter are those who deserve an eternity of punishment,"

"Can I put Caroline in here?" I asked, snickering. We decided to go back to the mansion, leaving the same way we got in.

Unknown to all of us, a damned soul got out.