CHAPTER 14

For the next few weeks, Kol spent his time teaching me how to fight. Instead of measly kicks and punches, he taught me how to manipulate people, how to hunt and how to pull someone's heart out. The last bit took time for when Kol first demanded I do it, I went against him and tried to kick him in his manhood. However, he snapped my neck and compelled me the next day just to do it.

I cried multiple times for that's the second time I killed someone. But, one day, Klaus reminded me what Rebekah told me the first time they met me,

"To fulfill your revenge, you need a cold, cruel heart to do so, love"

My perspective about everything changed after that. I grew merciless, but Klaus reassured me I became a better person. One way or another, it let me know I've changed so much.

Speaking of Klaus, what happened the other night became a nightly basis. We'd finish by 3 in the morning but it's worth getting to know the big, bad hybrid more.

On my last day with Kol, he told me were going to play a game. So, I woke up that morning with no one in the house but, instead, a note was left for me to go in the woods.

"Kol, where are you?" I shouted as I made my way through the thick line of trees, "Let's get this over with,"

As I said that, I felt someone behind me and before I could react, this person had me pinned to a tree.

"Rebekah?" I choked out as she had her hand wrapped around my neck.

"The game is to have all of us beat by the noon," She told me, "You have two hours to beat all three of us and I'm your first opponent,"

She chucked me in the air and my back came in contact with the solid ground. I groaned as I felt the pain course through my back and I struggled to stand, while Rebekah stared at my figure.

"Maybe you're not ready for this after all," She said, turning her back on me. I took that chance to run to her and kick her back. She fell down on the ground and I pinned her down using my knee against her spine. I used it to fracture it a little while my hand wrapped against her neck.

"Don't underestimate me, Bekah," I said as I snapped her neck and stood up, staring at her unconscious figure.

I dusted myself off and continued forward until I felt someone speeding around the area. I saw a figure to my right and I ran to them, pinning them against the ground.

"Nice try, Kol," I said, recognizing the Original.

"Oh, but, darling..." He rolled around and had me pinned against the ground instead, "This isn't as easy as it looks,"

I growled at his move and kicked his stomach that sent him flying off of me. I ran to where he landed and twisted his arm before he got a chance to move. I stepped on his stomach but twisted my ankle and fell to the ground in result. I groaned in pain but I saw a fallen branch near me. I attempted to grab it but Kol stepped on my wrist with a resounding 'tsk'.

"I'm not letting you do the same thing you did last time, darling," He sneered but I smirked at his statement.

"I'm not stupid enough to know you don't fall for the same trick twice." I used my other hand to grab the branch under my back and stabbed his feet. When he bent down in pain, I removed the branch and stabbed his chest in turn.

I saw him spit blood on the ground and I took the chance to snap his neck and pushed him off of me. I smiled in victory and sighed in relief.

I didn't get to move a single step before I was pinned on a tree to see Klaus with a smirk on his face.

"Really?" I exclaimed.

"Expect the unexpected, love," He said.

"How am I supposed to beat you?" I asked him, frustrated, "You're the strongest man alive!"

"Figure it out, sweetheart." He gave me a wink before wrapping his hands against my neck. Panicking, I tried bringing up my fist to punch him in the face, but he caught it before it could touch him. Only one hand was wrapped against my neck and I used my other hand to twist his wrist. It caused him to let go and I used the same hand to punch him and, this time, it landed straight through.

I brought up my knee to kick him in the groin but he recovered fast and used one hand to block it. I used my other leg to kick him in the gut and he fell backward, bringing me down with him. I had him pinned against the ground but he rolled us over in a flash and he used both of his hands to grip my wrist on either side of my head.

"Give up?" He asked me.

"Not yet." I used my leg and attempted to break his shin. When I did, he let one wrist go and I used it to grab another fallen branch and pointed it at his back, "Gotcha,"

"Think again, love." I looked down and he had his hand right where my heart should be. It wasn't pierced through, but with a quick movement, he could kill me.

"We're even," I protested, refusing to back down.

"Fine," He said rolling his eyes. He stood up and offered a hand. I took it and I heard clapping behind us. I turned around and saw Elijah with a smile on his face.

"Congratulations, Persephone," He said.

"Elijah," I stated, "Where have you been?"

"Watching your progress," he answered, "And might I say you did a job well done,"

"How come you didn't join in the fun?" I asked with a slight smile.

"Elijah doesn't know the meaning of fun," Klaus said with sarcasm.

I laughed at his words and Elijah tossed me a blood bag. I gave him a grateful look and downed the blood in one go. Klaus looked at me and said, "You have a bit of blood there, love."

He wiped a bit of blood off my chin and licked his finger as he never broke eye contact. I blushed at the sudden action but Elijah coughed to gain our attention.

"I believe it's time for lunch," He said and flitted out of the woods. Klaus and I looked at each other and I gave a slight giggle.

"What about Kol and Rebekah?" I asked Klaus.

"They'll be fine," He said and grabbed my hand, flitting us back to the Mikaelson mansion.