chapter four

Elodie's world felt like it stopped in orbit, she didn't take any care in what she was doing as she felt like there was no purpose anymore. Her body was still numb in shock as her brain still processed the fact that her strong best friend was gone forever.

"You guys go ahead, theres's something I gotta do." Aris' voice snapped Elodie back into reality. "Trust me it's important."

"You guys want to get out of here right? Just go." Aris rushed them.

"We'll go with him." Luke and Winston were suddenly on his side and Elodie snagged a quick glance with Luke before he climbed back into the vents. Elodie would've stopped him or gone with him but she didn't have the energy to.

"Come on!" Elodie started jogging through the halls and the group were stopped again but this time by a different source.

"What are you guys doing out?" She recognised Doctor Crawford as she was the doctor that did Elodie's tests when she first arrived in this 'safe facility'. Elodie realised how much of her goodwill was a facade as she worked with WCKD and probably knew their cruel intentions.

The loud alarms went off in good timing as Crawford's eyes had widened and her mouth sucked up. Thomas wasted no time grabbing the lady and twisting her arm behind her back making her yell in pain, Elodie jumped back surprised by his sudden violent behaviour.

"Take us to where Teresa is!" Thomas demanded, Crawford's eyes were wide in fear as she led them to the far med wing.

As they sped-walked to the wing, Elodie couldn't get Alex off her mind, she still felt confusion and shock. She couldn't be dead, she's the strongest person I know,  Elodie had thought.

"Freeze! Stay where you are" A man, whom Elodie presumed was a guard pointed a gun at their group. She gasped and got down behind the wall and stumbled a bit in the process. She saw an arm hold out right in front of her. The shots started to fire and made a shrieking sound as they hit the walls.

"Run Elodie!" Newt helped the girl get back on her feet, she looked at him quickly thankful but muddled as to why he would help her.

As the group ran the opposite way, Minho had planted his feet halfway between the halls and seemed like he was waiting for the guard to come.

"Minho!" His friends screamed at him, "What the hell are you doing?"

He started to charge at the incoming man as Elodie watched in awe. With full force, he kneed the guard in the chest, knocking him out cold. He stood over the unconscious body for a full second before his friends quickly joined him.

"Shit Minho." Someone complimented, Thomas scavenged the gun from the guard and now held it to Crawford as she led them. Elodie felt like what they were doing was wrong but she thought of all WCKD had done and she felt no remorse or guilt any longer.

The group was led by Thomas and his hostage as she took the the group through the long corridors to the wing. She stopped them in front of a big double door.

Pushing the doors open, a room full of doctors and nurses with medical supplies scattered around was revealed. As Thomas waved the gun around shakily, they all surrendered quickly and got behind the tables.

He ran to where the white curtains were and pulled them to see a girl with long black hair and striking blue eyes, Thomas stroked her face and pulled the tubes out of her nose. Her eyes fluttered open.

"Thomas?" Her confused and dazed voice asked the boy.

"Give me your hands!" Newt's shaky voice had commanded, while Minho pointed a gun at the group of doctors. Newt started to wrap ropes around, he passed one to Elodie and she joined him, her hands shaking almost uncontrollably.