Day 47

I woke up in your arms.

We were under a tree, collapsed in the damp grass.

I was shivering, but my whole body was on fire because you were holding me in your arms. Holding me to you.

That was the first time I'd ever fallen asleep with you. That was the first time I'd been away from my own home for so long.

I groaned a little as I moved to sit up.

We were in some sort of park. Clean cut grass blanketed the ground with several groves of trees everywhere.

You slowly woke up as well, and then you sneezed.

You sneezed again.

I pressed my hand on your forehead and found it burning up.

"Oh no! Jimin," I gasped, cradling your face in my arms. "You're sick!"

You brushed aside my worries and my hands.

"We need you to get back home," I stated firmly, standing up.

You pulled me back down hard on my bum.

"I'm not going back there soon," you said darkly.

I quietly sat next to you, knowing your word vomit was coming.

I sensed it.

"My father has been getting more and more promotions on his job and he's taking every single opportunity," you began. "Sure, it's great that he's becoming successful in his job. But at the same time, he's not spending as much time with his family anymore. He's abandoning my mother and I by ourselves more and more and Mom doesn't like that. She's trying to get him to stay with us more. And this new trip is taking him away for three months to Croatia."

You sniffed a little and wiped your nose with the back of your hand.

Your brows were set low on your head as if concentrating not to cry.

You're just like my mom sometimes, Jimin. You try your hardest to remain strong in front of me. In front of anyone. But inside, you're crying out for help.

I ran my hands through your hair, feeling knots here and there. "My father left when I was ten," I said softly. "He found another woman and left."

You didn't say anything. You just embraced me and I hugged you back. We stayed like that for a while. Do you remember Park Jimin?

The sun slowly rose to shine her golden rays upon two young, vulnerable teenagers clasped to each other as the world around them spun out of their control.