Chapter Forty-Five: Posters

Giggles. Hushed shushing. The girl's dorm loungeroom was the centre of amusement, as a trio of girls sat huddled together like a waddle of penguins. They sat comfortably on a Victorian sofa, the rich shade of taffy covered in splotches of makeup and food stains. The couch was a hand-carved masterpiece, holding years and years of memories. Every stain had a story to tell.

Eden Milenko was reclined comfortable on the elegant sofa, perched beside Mandy Wiles on the bubble gum loveseat, the latter's feet propped up on an oak coffee table. Bags of chips and lollies were sprawled out, Christy Martin choking on a musk stick in between giggles. Reaching forward, Eden popped a piece of caramel fudge. A happy sigh left her lips as the soothing flavours oozed out on her taste buds.

"No seriously guys, I'm like so glad that Ted is listening to me now." Mandy continued, in between swigs from her can of Beam Cola.

"It's totally so amazing!" Chip crumbs spilled out from Christy's mouth, as she spoke in a singsong voice.

"See, what'd I say?" Teased Eden, as she poked the cheerleader's side. "That's why you listen to me."

A crimson blush consumed the head cheerleader's porcelain cheeks, huffing exuberantly. The two girls bubbled up with laughter at the sight, cackling like witches. To see Mandy so embarrassed, her face red like a tomato, was such a rare sight that Eden was tempted to snap a photo. Thunderous footsteps rained down on old wooden floors. It sounded like someone was sprinting down the hallway. The planks of American walnut wood creaked and groaned under the pressure, as a figure entered the common area.

Scowling at the sight, Eden tutted. 'Here comes bad news.'

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the school sluts." Pinky greeted in a snide tone.

"Come now Pinky, it's not nice to refer to yourself as such." Eden retorted, emerald eyes scrutinising the girl.

Pinky's face was dyed the same shade as her name. "I-I beg your- no! I'm a princess! Not a slut, like you three?"

"Uh, what? What makes us sluts?" Eyebrows furrowed in irritation, Mandy challenged the Preppy.

"Let's see here..." A cocky smirk grew on her thin lips, only fuelling the trio's anger. "Everyone knows that Christy here fools around with Trent and Davis at every chance she gets. Eden screwed over poor Bif and stole Johnny from Lola, oh and finally, little Mandy here is parading herself all over the school for everyone to see!"

"Hey, that's not true!" Christy hollered, jumping to her feet.

Throwing her head back, Eden let out a laugh which sounded more like an evil cackle rather than an expression of amusement. "Bif wishes I screwed him over. After all, that's what he was begging for. If I really wanted to 'screw him over' Pinky, then trust me. He would no longer be attending Bullworth Academy."

"Yeah exactly!" Mandy sprung up before a look of confusion crossed her face. "Wait, what do you mean? Parading myself?"

"Take a look outside." That was all Pinky chimed back, leaving the room with her head held high.

Hauling herself up, her expression mirrored Mandy's. "What is she on about?"

"I-I... I don't know." The head cheerleader trailed off, eyes darting towards the exit.

Mandy spun around on her heel and sprinted off without another word. A shiver crept through Eden's body. She had a bad feeling. Christy moved to scamper after her.

"Stay here Christy, pack all this up. I'll take care of her."

She nodded in response, bangs of reddish hued hair obscuring her features like a sheepdog. The last thing she wanted to do was to argue with the fired-up teenager, she knew better than to rile her up. Sparing Christy one last glance, Eden darted down the hallway, racing like a madwoman down the hallway. Adrenaline flooded her senses and increased her heartbeat.