nine/irl/

italics ~ elliot

bold ~ carter

saturday april 21st 12:18 pm est

there were a couple things running through elliot's mind;

1. thank god grace wasn't home- she knew her roommate would've never let it go if she knew elliot was talking to the mysterious boy she had been texting nonstop with. also, grace, without a doubt would have found a way to embarrass her best friend on the phone.

2. she was nervous, very nervous. she hoped that carter was the kind of guy (and age) she hoped he was, and knew this call would make or break this.

3. elliot had fantasized about carter (no, not the kind you think). the kind of scenarios you make up in your head about the cute boys you see in a coffee shop or a classmate you never talk to. the kind where you two find out that you're perfect together and get married and live happily ever after- a movie worthy story.

4. elliot hoped she lived up to carter's expectations of her.

there were a couple things running through carter's mind, too;

1. he had to be careful about what he said- elliot was the only person in his life who didn't know about his fame and success. carter didn't want to slip up and ruin the only taste of normalcy he had. he already had too many fake people around him every day and he wasn't willing to lose his breath of fresh air.

2. he shouldn't have asked her if he could call her. yes, of course he wanted to talk to the girl who teased him, made him laugh, and most importantly- for the first time in a while- made him feel like pre-fame self, before all the gossip, pressure, and expectations. but what if she was weirded out now? what if he just ruined everything?

3. he had to get over his nerves and pick up the phone because he was scheduled to be at the studio in ten minutes.

4. carter hoped he lived up to elliot's expectations of him.

what the pair didn't know, was that the other's thoughts weren't so far off from their own.

but what they both did know, was that this was the first step down a path they both were excited to explore