[28] I'm sorry, okay?

I spend all of detention thinking about what Archer said

I spend all of detention thinking about what Archer said. Bree still likes me? Haven't I been a jerk to her? Hasn't she been a jerk to me?

I keep thinking back to when we were friends. Were we really ever even? She used me for gossip, for someone to walk the halls with. That doesn't bother me, even though it should. I never hated her. But I never exactly liked her. She was always oblivious, always an airhead.

But she could be kind. She was nice to talk to. And I never exactly had friends, so I didn't mind having her around.

What happened in the hallway, it wasn't much of a big deal, now that I'm thinking back to it. It's not like I haven't been embarrassed before.

But what she did to Archer...I don't think I'll ever forgive her for that. How she blackmailed him simply to make me jealous. Simply because she was jealous. I just don't understand. I don't see the logic in that.

I wish I could see past that. Maybe forgive her. But I just don't want to. Maybe she deserves a second chance, but I don't want to give her one.
                                            _________

"I'll see you later, okay? I should probably start homework now."

"You didn't do it at detention?" Archer asks, tilting his head. I sigh.

"Did you not hear a word I just said?"

"Oh, yeah. Bree. Sorry, I forgot." I shrug.

"Okay. I have to go. Talk to you later." He nods. I smile. "Bye." I hang up and open iMusic. Mom is working late today. Tessa will be home in about ten minutes. Time for some music. I shuffle my One Direction playlist, smiling as "The Story of My Life" comes on.

"Written in these walls are the stories that I can't explain
I leave my heart open but it stays right here empty for days
She told me in the morning
She don't feel the same about us in her bones
It seems to me that when I die
These words will be written on my stone
And I'll be gone, gone toni-"

My phone rings, stopping the music. I pick it up. It's Archer. I answer. His face pops into view. I smile.

"Hey, what is it?" He smiles back.

"Oh, I just needed to ask you about English."

"Why didn't you just text me?"

"I wanted to see you." I ignore the heat crawling up my neck and roll my eyes.

"Thanks, idiot. What's the question?" He quirks an eyebrow.

"Someone's in a hurry. What can't wait?"

"One Direction," I state flatly. "You interrupted Zayn." He laughs.

"Ken, you're too old to still like One Direction. And they're not even a band anymore." I scoff, rolling my eyes.