TWO

✶✶✶✶✶TWO; UNFORGIVING LINES✶✶✶✶✶

✶✶✶✶✶
TWO; UNFORGIVING LINES
✶✶✶✶✶

     "HARRY, DID YOU hear about Camille and Malfoy? She finally dumped the slimy git in front of the Ravenclaw common room last night," Fred informed Harry at lunch, eyes glittering with excitement. "A few Ravenclaws apparently overheard the conversation. She was defending you."

Harry's eyebrows flew up. "Me? She was defending me?"

George nodded, taking a seat next to his twin. "Yeah. Malfoy said some pretty rough things about her brother, including the fact that he believes Cedric's death was an accident, and she defended your claims about how you saw You-Know-Who that night."

Hermione was equally shocked by Camille's behavior. "Really?"

Fred grinned. "And Malfoy said awful things about her father and she slapped him across the face! I wish I had been there to witness it."

"Me?" Harry repeated, pointing to himself. "She was defending me?"

"That's what I said, right?"

At that precise moment, Camille walked into the Great Hall, head held high. The whole Slytherin table was looking at her, even Malfoy, whose eyes could not trail from her figure.

She slammed her books down at the Ravenclaw table, startling other students around her. She didn't seem troubled at all by the attention she was receiving, opening the pages of her Charms book and shoving a piece of chicken into her mouth.

"She's my hero," George cooed.

The slamming of metal against wood echoed throughout the Great Hall as Malfoy threw his utensils away, stomping out of the room. Pansy was calling after him, rushing out to comfort him.

Harry examined the youngest Diggory as she continued to flip through her book, unbothered by her former boyfriend's temper tantrum. When she had finished her daily reading, she stood up and marched over to the Gryffindor table.

Harry was startled when she took a seat beside him, pushing Ron out of the way. The redhead mumbled lowly to himself.

"I heard you have detention with Umbridge today, Harry," she began. "I thought you would like to know that you won't be alone for the joyride."

"You landed detention with Umbridge?" He asked, slightly bewildered by the fact. As far as he knew, Camille had never gotten herself into any sort of trouble. She was the resident angel in Ravenclaw, while her brother was the resident hero in Hufflepuff.