SIX

✶✶✶✶✶SIX; THE RIGHT DECISION✶✶✶✶✶

✶✶✶✶✶
SIX; THE RIGHT DECISION
✶✶✶✶✶

     HARRY FELT sick during the next two weeks after rejecting Camille's advances. There was complete radio silence between the two, and Hermione kept pressuring Harry to be the one to break the silence.

Camille decided to eat her meals at the Hufflepuff table with Cedric's old friends. Fred and George would usually complain about her absence, and Harry couldn't deny that he missed her either. He would occasionally glance at her during dinner, finding her happy and laughing with Cedric's friends as they shared stories together.

As far as he knew, Camille was still confused about her feelings for Malfoy. The Slytherin was clearly not over her either, blatantly flirting with Pansy whenever she passed by him in the halls in an attempt to make her jealous or testing her temper whenever he got her alone to see if he could still get a rise out of her.

During the D.A. meetings, Harry would offer small critiques to her during her duels with Neville that she would accept without a single glance. Neville was constantly looking back and forth between the two, wondering what exactly was going on.

Hermione had cornered him before the beginning of the fourth meeting.

"Harry, you seriously have to address your problems with Camille," she demanded, hands folded across her chest.

"Hermione, I'm giving her space to sort her feelings out. I think you know that she's not over Malfoy, and she won't be over him for a long time."

She scoffed and brushed him off. "Harry, that's an absurd idea. Can you honestly blame her for being slightly hung up on her first love?"

"I don't know. I'm going to let her figure it out for herself. If she really wants to be with me, then she'll make her own decision," Harry finished the conversation, not wishing to press it any further.

By the end of the meeting, Hermione announced her new way of communicating the time and date of the next meeting. She handed everyone in the room a fake Galleon.

"You see the numerals around the edge of the coins?" Hermione asked, holding one up for example. "On real Galleons that's just a serial number referring to the goblin who cast the coin. On these fake coins, though, the numbers will change to reflect the time and date of the next meeting. The coins will grow hot when the date changes, so if you're carrying them in a pocket you'll be able to feel them. We take one each, and when Harry sets the date of the next meeting he'll change the numbers on his coin, and because I've put a Protean Charm on them, they'll all change to mimic his."