Episode 18

Point of No Return

Sam: You're going to kill yourself, right? It's not too hard to figure out the stops on the Farewell Tour. How's Lisa doing, anyways?

Dean: I'm not going to kill myself.

Sam: No? So Michael's not about to make you his Muppet? What the hell, man? This is how it ends? You just... walk out?

Bobby: What the hell happened to you?

Dean: Reality happened. Nuclear's the only option we have left. Michael can ice the devil, save a boatload of people.

Bobby: But not all of them. We gotta think of something else.

Dean: Yeah, well, that's easy for you to say. But if Lucifer burns this mother down, and I coulda done something about it , guess what? That's on me.

Bobby: You can't give up, son.

Dean: You're not my father. And you ain't in my shoes... What is that?

Bobby: That's the round that I mean to put through my skull... Every morning, I look at it. I think, 'Maybe today's the day I flip the light out. 'But I don't do it. I never do it. You know why? Because I promised you I wouldn't give up!

Sam: Look, Adam... You don't know me from a hole in the wall, I know. But I'm begging you. Please, just trust me. Give me some time.

Adam: Give me one good reason.

Sam: Because we're blood.

Adam: You've got no right to say that to me.

Bobby: You're still John's boy.

Adam: No, John Winchester was some guy who took me to a baseball game once a year. I don't have a dad. So we may be blood, but we are not family. My mom is my family. And if I do my job, I get to see her again. So no offense, but she's the one I give a rat's ass about, not you.

Sam: Fair enough. But if you have one good memory of dad, just one, then you'll give us a little more time. Please.

Adam: Great. You know, you pitched this whole dewy-eyed bromance thing, but the truth is, I'm on lock down, aren't I?

Sam: Adam, you may not believe it, but dad was trying to protect you. Keeping you from all of this.

Adam: Yeah, well, I guess the monster that ate me didn't get that memo.

Sam: Still, trust me. The one thing worse than seeing dad once a year was seeing him all year.

Adam: Do you know how full of crap you are?

Sam: What?

Adam: Really. You see, it was me and it was my mom. That's it. She worked the graveyard shift at the hospital. I cooked my own dinners. I put myself to bed. So you can say whatever you want about our dad, but the truth is, I would have taken anything.

Dean: I'm serious. I mean, think about how many people we've gotten killed, Sam. Mom, Dad, Jess, Jo, Ellen. Should I keep going?

Sam: It's not like we pulled the trigger.

Dean: We might as well have. I'm tired man. I'm tired of fighting who I'm supposed to be.

Zachariah: So you know you can't trust them, right? You know Sam and Dean Winchester are psychotically, irrationally, erotically codependent on each other, right?

Dean: I said... before Michael gets one piece of this sweet ass... he has to turn you into a piece of charcoal.

Zachariah: You really think Michael's gonna go for that?

Dean: Who's more important to him now? You... or me?

Zachariah: You listen to me. You are nothing but a maggot inside a worm's ass. Do you know who I am... after I deliver you to Michael?

Dean: Expendable.

Dean: Just... let me say this. I don't know if it's being a big brother or what, but to me, you've always been this snot-nosed kid that I've had to keep on the straight and narrow. I think we both know that that's not you anymore. I mean, hell, if you're grown-up enough to find faith in me... the least I can do is return the favor. So screw destiny, right in the face. I say we take the fight to them, and do it our way.

Sam: Sounds good.