chapter six

Amber-

After a four hour trip, I finally arrive at my home town. I go to my child hood home, and see a bunch of cars parked out front. It was my mother's birthday. She was turning 60. I was the youngest in my family. I had four older siblings. Jason, my brother. He is 36. He has a wife, and two little girls. Then Marla, who is 34. She is a surgeon and has a husband. She just barely had her first baby boy. Then Katherine, who has I swear 8 kids. She is 32. Then Carol, who is 30. She has triplets. Then there is me. 28 with no kids. (One on the way.) not married and doesn't have my life figured out.

My parents got divorce when I was 16. Kai was there for me through it all. It effected me most, because I was the only one who couldn't run off and live on my own, rather than having to switch off homes every week. My mom remarried an old rich guy. So I'm surprised we didn't have the party at their huge mansion. Instead we are having it at my childhood home, that my sister Carol lives in.

"Amber! Gosh it's so good to see you." Carol hugs me extremely tight.

"Hi Carol, my favorite sister!" I hug her back.

"Who is your favorite sister?" Katherine and Marla come out of nowhere. I hug both of them.

I haven't seen Marla in 4 years. Her new baby is so cute. I hug Jason, and his wife. She is about to pop, pregnant with their first son and third child. All of Katherine and Marla's kids come running up to me. The love me. I'm the 'cool aunt'. Lastly, my mom. My beautiful wonderful mother.

"You're old!" I say as I hug her.

"Amber Gena Michaels shut your mouth!" She points her finger in my face.

"Where's the ring?" She grabs my hand.

"He proposed, but I said I had to think about it." She looks at me disappointed. "What? Mom, complicated stuff happened and we are trying to sort it out." I explain

"He's the one for you, Amber. And you two can't break up. Well, is Kai still around?" She asks.

"Why would he be?" I ask.

"I think he likes you, Amber." She says.

"Mom, you've always thought that." I say, not denying it.

"Am I right?" She asks.

"Happy birthday, mom." I remind her. She rolls her eyes.

"You look different, sweetie. There's something different." I smile.

"I'm happy." I say.