chapter twelve

Kai-

A week later

"Come on, babe!" I yell from the other room.

Amber and I need some finishing touches for our new house, and a whole baby room. She also says she needs new clothes so we were gonna go out. Amber comes waddling from the other room. I laugh.

"Stop! I know I look stupid!" She hits my shoulder.

"You look beautiful." I tell her.

She rolls her eyes and walks out the door. "Come on, slow poke!" She yells from the car. I snicker and run out.

At the furniture store, Amber and I looked for a nice crib. Amber all of a sudden seemed distracted.

"What's wrong?" I ask. She starts to walk away.

"This place doesn't have it." She says bluntly.

"Amber!" I say louder.

"Shutup!" She yells.

People are staring now. I look around. Jeremiah. Jeremiah Row staring us down. He has a disgusted smirk on his face.

"Walk away, Kai." Amber tells me.

I look to his left. A pregnant woman, huge, looked as if she was 10 months pregnant. She looked familiar. She turned around. "Kai!" She exclaims. It's Bridget. Bridget, my ex girlfriend, who I only broke up with 6ish months ago who is about to pop pregnant.

She rubs her belly as she walked over to Amber and I. She tries to hug me. Then Amber. Jeremiah follows.

"Hey, Amber." He says. Amber looks down.

"Hi." She says, terrified. I wanted so badly to take her away from the situation, but I couldn't.

"Kai," He says awkwardly. He steps closer to me.

"Bridget, you're-" I stop what I was going to say.

"Pregnant? I know! I'm actually almost 4 months with twins!" She says excitedly. There was no way.

"Break up sex." Amber says under her breath.

I finally got it. Jeremiah called Bridget over that night Amber told him about us. They had sex. She got pregnant.

"Excuse me?" Jeremiah steps closer.

I put my hand on his shoulder, shoving him backwards. "Step away." I say firmly.

"You should've backed away from my girlfriend 6 months ago!" He yells.

"You never wanted a baby, so stop trying to butt in!" I yell back.

His fist throws my face back. I punch back. He falls to the floor. Back and forth, we punch eachother. Everytime I punched, I did it for Amber. I heard her crying in the background.

"You're a pathetic loser!" I yell as I punch him again.

Out of breath he says, "You backstabbing son of a b****!"

This hurt because my mother was actually dead. This made me want to punch him harder. So I did.

"That could be my baby!" He yells as he punches me. "Mine! Not yours!"

"Maybe, but I'm not the one who cried to my mommy scared of being betrayed and let down in my life!" I yell back.

"Oh wait, you didn't cry to your mommy you went to Bridget who sleeps with every guy she meets and slept with her! Knocked her up and now you're here, too coward to run away from her, because you've already run away once, and you don't want your family to be ashamed of you!" I yell, I kept punching.

"You and Amber deserve to be dead! I would kill you and her easily! I actually would love to kill Amber, for backstabbing me, so I would just go ahead and literally backstab her!" He yells.

Does he think he can get away with threatening to murder the love of my life? I punch the hardest I can.

Police drag him and I apart. I was  I min a hospital bed.