TWENTY-TWO

Enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment!

JadeQueen100

|SANG|

I furrow my brow a bit at Kevin's odd behavior over the note before shrugging. I suppose I don't know them well enough to tell what is odd and what is normal.

"Alright," I agree, smiling to let him know that I wasn't trying to upset him or anything like that.

"Aggele Mou, we're going to go get ready," Silas informs me, his voice thick with sleep still. "We'll let Gabriel know you're up and he'll come and help you."

"Alright," I repeat, blushing deeply as I recognize that he is calling me his angel.

Turning away so they can't see my blush, I take a seat on the bed where I wait for Gabriel. I don't have to wait long, though. The door is soon flung upon as Gabriel stomps in the room, muttering under his breath. I know it is Gabriel, but something feels off about him.

"Stupid mornings, stupid morning people, stupid no swearing rule, stupid early hours..."

I laugh, "You know, some people would consider stupid to be a swear word."

"Only nuns, preschool teachers, and politicians," Gabriel retorts cheerfully, poking my nose and startling me.

"You don't smell like bubblegum!" I blurt out before I can stop myself, finally realizing what is different about him.

My cheeks burn again as Gabriel laughs.

"What does it smell like to you?" Gabriel asks eagerly.

Inhaling deeply, I cock my head curiously and slowly say, "Fresh cut grass, mostly."

"Mostly?" Gabriel echoes.

I nod, "There's a hint too much of camphor."

"Ah, I'll have to fix that," Gabriel replies.

"You made the smell?" I ask, surprised.

"My own creation," Gabriel answers proudly.

"Wow, you must be smart," I say, impressed.

"Not really," Gabriel mumbles modestly. "Kota, Wil, and Corey are the smart ones, not me. I just know a bit about chemistry."

I roll my eyes and snort, "Please, Gabriel. Not just anyone can make their own cologne. And there certainly aren't many people that can make a fresh cut grass scent that actually smells good. There are different branches of smart and you clearly have at least one."

"Thanks, Sang," Gabriel says thickly before clearing his throat and announcing, "I'm going to go look for your outfit."

His sudden departure has me slightly worried that I said the wrong thing. Quickly, I mentally replay what I said, but I can't think of what would rub him the wrong way. Biting my lip, I decide to let it go unless he brings it up himself.