Ch. 2

I followed Skye back down the stairs into the empty meeting room. Outside there were more wolves just loitering around nobody seem in a rush or busy it was just a super relaxed atmosphere. "How many wolves live here?" I asked Skye. "Last I checked there were 127 but now your here so 128 I guess," she said. Our pack was the second biggest in the United States with a total of 204 wolves, I wasn't surprised so many wolves lived here where the connection to the Alpha was strongest. "How many are under 16?" I asked. I wondered how many wolves were being bussed into town. "Counting you there are 36 pups, and there are 6 adolescents currently. Your birthday is the closest so soon there will be 7," Skye answered. Pups were any wolves under 16 and adolescent pups were everyone from 16 to 21.

"Hey, Skye where've you been?" Called a voice. The voice belonged to a young wolf who was jogging towards us dribbling a soccer ball. "Oh, hey," he said when he saw me. He picked up his ball, his blond hair falling in his face. "Ryan, this is my cousin. Kye, Ryan." Skye said. "Kye?" He asked, "Oh yeah, Kylie! It's been forever since I've seen you, Rascal how you doing?" Ryan asked throwing his arm over my shoulder. He started pulling me along with him towards the cafeteria. "Do you remember that time when we were playing in the woods and everyone thought we lost you but you were just hiding in a tree? You had us all worried and then we got yelled at for worrying are parents." He told me. "Ahh, I've missed you, you little Rascal." Ryan said. Giving me a noogie.

I shot a panic look at Skye who thankfully pulled Ryan off me. "What's wrong?" He asked when Skye tugged him off. "Give her a break Ryan she just got in." Skye said evading his question. "No that's not it. When I touched her I could feel her tense up like she was about to hit me. Than you yanked me off her so quick, something's up," he stated plainly. "Wait, do you hate me," he asked suddenly worried, " I was just joking around that time I promise. Please tell me you not holding a grudge it was seriously just a joke," he babbled. "Ryan would you shut up for five second!" Skye yelled exasperated. Ryan's mouth automatically snapped shut and he turned to look at Skye expectantly. "Look Ryan-" Skye started. "Wait, let me tell him," I told Skye. This time Ryan turned his puppy dog eyes on me. "I can't remember you or anything really from before the accident," I told him. "WHAT! But...but you... " he said helplessly. "Wait, this means you don't remember...that thing. Oh thank god," he said dramatically. "What are you talking about?" I asked genuinely curious. "Oh nothing just a little joke that you took badly last time I saw you," he told me cryptically. "Anyway let's go get you unpacked huh than we can show you around better and maybe go see Aunt Laura before dinner," he said. His arm slipped back around my shoulders and the other around Skye's and he began ushering us toward the barracks.

***

"Is this really all you brought, Kye?" Ryan asked as he pilfered through my duffle bag. "Hey nose out," I said flicking his nose. "Owwww, what I do?" He asked. "Don't rifle through my things," I told him. As I grabbed a couple more shirts and started hanging them up. Skye was helping me unpack while Ryan just stood around being a general pain in our butts. "It's not like I'm going to steal anything I'm just curious is all," he muttered. "Than go be curious in someone else room," I told him. "Ha I'm not going to just run off on you. Even if you don't remember me you're still one of my best friends," he said. "A best friend who you haven't seen or talked to in eight years?" I asked. "Yeah well I won't take I personally if you don't," he said. "Ryan, shut up," Skye said, hitting him with one of my sneakers. "Jeez what is this hit Ryan day?" He asked. "Yes," Skye and I answered.

Ryan had informed me on the way over that he was only a year older that me, and like Skye he was also an Omega. He also told me that he was a Gemini, his favorite color was yellow, he loved blueberry pie, and absolutely adored cats despite the fact they ran from him in fear.

"Neither of you are any fun, huh I guess things haven't changed that much," he informed us. He plopped down on my unmade bed next to my duffle. Despite not being able to remember him I relaxed quickly around Ryan he was just so nice and light hearted, if slightly annoying. Skye wasn't bad either she always seem co calm, the complete opposite of Ryan. "You could be helpful," Skye told Ryan as she grabbed som more cloths. This room was much bigger than my old on with a twin bed of to the right next to a closet and a dresser at the end of the bed. In the middle of the back wall was a solid cherry wood desk and on the far left of the room was a small plain love seat and lounge chair. I shoved Ryan off my bed. "Go sit on the couch," I told him. "What why!" He said. I pulled my sheets out of the bottom of my bag. "Or you could make the bed," I offered. "Couch it is," he said quickly . I sighed and tossed the bag on the floor, Skye was hanging up the rest of the cloths and I started making my bed. The neon green sheets stood out awkwardly against the pale purple walls of my room. Same with my bright Green comforter, last I pulled out my neon blue throw and tossed it over the bed.