Ch. 15

"Again," Corrigan demanded. I nodded wordlessly and charged at her. It had been two weeks since I came to her with my decision. Unsurprisingly she didn't just tell me the vow and send me on my way. Since then I have spent nearly minute I could with her training. Sometimes that meant I was stuck in her office going over paperwork other times we went into town and met her contacts. Today however we were having some fun, fighting. Every wolf pup is trained in at least one martial art and when they shift they learn how to fight as a wolf. Betas and border guards however took it further, they knew how to fight all different types of supernatural, they knew how to kill.

Corrigan ducked under my attack easily and swooped behind me, sweeping my legs out from underneath me. I landed on the ground, dirt lining the inside of my mouth. Corrigan straddled me from behind her lips reaching down to touch my neck. "Dead." She said. "Kye, you know how to fight, so why do you always end up on your ass? And don't say it is because I am a better fighter. I know damn well your father and his buddies in the army taught you better than this." Corrigan demanded. "Hell, when we first started you were better than this." Corrigan didn't move from her position on top of me. I knew her well enough by now that she wasn't going to release me until I answered her questions. "I'm trying as hard as I can," I told her truthfully, and I really was. The fighting wasn't so much a problem I was just having a hard time with something else and it was effecting my fighting. "Did you change your mind?" I shook my head violently. "No! That's not it." Corrigan said nothing for a moment and swung off the top of me. "What's going on, Kye?" Corrigan asked. "The first day we met I mentioned this but you seemingly forgot. If your having trouble or stressing over anything you can talk to me about it. Even the simplest thing can interfere with your control when your this new to handling your wolf." I turned around and picked myself up. We where in a clearing a few miles from the main compound and no one was around for miles. Corrigan usually just fought with me in the classroom, I thought she had something planned when she brought me out here. I stared at a spot just to the left of her not truly meeting her eyes. Even if we where alone out here how the hell was I suppose to talk to her about this? I don't even know how she would react, the last thing I wanted or needed was for her to abandon me. "Kye!" Corrigan snapped bringing my attention to her. She stood in front of me in a loose t-shirt and leggings, both of which were now ripped and covered in dirt. I wanted to look away but as soon as my eyes met hers I was unable to. "I thought you were a Beta wolf? So why the hell have you been so submissive lately? And to top it off your forcing yourself to be submissive, forcing down your wolf. Do you know how dangerous that is? Your wolf is a part of you and you can't deny it. It is also your strength and if you are serious about this than you need your wolf." Corrigan reprimanded me. "Now tell me what is wrong?" Corrigan's last question was laced with the power of command. She had never once commanded me the entire time I knew her and it took me by surprise, which I think more than anything is why my mouth opened and I spilled out the answer she was so desperately looking for. "When we fight I can't take the contact. Even if it's a blow, every touch burns through me. When you or for that matter anyone else touches me my wolf rises to the surface. Not to shift but something else. At night all I can think about is one damn thing, I haven slept in days. All my wolf...all I can think about is sex." I told her. Shock covered her features, whatever she had been expecting it wasn't that. "Kye," she asked hesitantly, "you said that this happens when anyone touches you, does that hold true for Ryan or any other guy?" I thought back to the rare chances I had had to interact with either of them. I couldn't recall once when the same feeling plagued me then but in a way I didn't expect it to. Instead of answering her question I asked one of my own. "Why?" I didn't think she would answer, in fact I though she would just demand that I answer her question. "Well because if the answer is no than you should consider the possibility that you may be...well you may be gay," she said. I blushed I couldn't help it, I knew I was gay for a while and it wasn't that I was embarrassed about it but not many people knew. As a werewolf it was extremely rare for a wolf to be anything other than straight. Wolves did enjoy having sex with the same gender but when it came down to it when it was time to mate most wolves were straight. Normally no one in a pack minded when pups were just having fun but it was different when a wolf was actually gay. Since packs had such little exposure to wolves that were gay their reaction to the news varied...widely. Corrigan didn't miss the blush that had crept up into my face. I didn't need to answer her she already knew the answer to her question but I had to voice it anyway. "I am gay. I figured it out a few years ago." I managed to get out. Beta wolf or not the only thing I felt as I voiced the words was fear. Fear of the woman in front of me who I had come to view as a big sister. Fear that she would hate me. "Have you ever told anyone else? A human friend maybe? Your dad?" She asked. I started to shake my head but stopped when a picture of Gwynn formed in my mind. "I haven't told anyone but in town there is a girl who...well she...we kissed." I said. Corrigan nodded to herself, whatever she was thinking I wish she would just break the damn tension already. "Kye," she said lightly resting her palm against my cheek. Beneath her touch my blood flared to life, I wanted to step back but her eyes held me in place. "This right here, what you are feeling. It is perfectly natural. As most humans seem to know or at least think, we werewolves are highly sexual. A lot of times wolves of a same gender do get together but since they aren't gay they don't experience this same compulsion that you have. When we shift a lot if things change, one of which is our sex drive, which increases. But only around other shifted wolves. For that reason we try and keep the female wolves from the male wolves seperate at least at first." She explained. "Than why is Ryan always win us?" I interrupted. "Ryan, Is more or less taken. A few years back he asked Skye to form a mated bond with him. She never got a chance to answer because he told her that she was the only one for him and he didn't want her to rush the decision. He told her to hold off on answering him and give him the chance to prove himself to her. Until she answers they have half a mate bond and so Ryan remains more or less unaffected by anyone." She explained. Corrigan still hadn't moved away from me and standing there under her gaze her hand on my face was pure agonizing torture. "If we had known that you were interested in girls we would have tried to protect you from this until you had better control. I am sorry Kye that along with everything else you have to go through this as well," I didn't get a chance to answer her. As soon as she finished speaking her lips claimed mine. I wanted to push her away, I wanted to push down my wolf who had broken through all my barriers when her lips had touched me. I couldn't, instead I did the one thing I had been trying to avoid for days, I kissed her.